“Excellent food but has closed its doors.”
Review of Bradley 's Bistro - CLOSED

Bradley 's Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Just an FYI this restaurant has closed its doors as of the holiday weekend and have no plans to reopen. This is sad as it had excellent food, service, and atmosphere.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

What a great place to dine! We were lucky to get a table with no reservation. Because of the smallness of this bistro, that would be a recommendation if your heart is set on eating here. The food is outstanding!! We did not know that they didn't serve liquor, so my husband did go down the street to buy a bottle of wine, which really wasn't an inconvenience. I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Based on a number of positive comments from colleagues, we took the opportunity to plan a meal at Bradley's Bistro. It's a few blocks away from the Dow Event Center, so there is plenty of safe and accessible parking available. While we didn't take advantage of this, the location provides a great opportunity to bolt on dinner with a show at the Temple Theater or activity at the Dow.

The restaurant is small (. . it is called a Bistro!), so we would recommend making reservations. We did and were seated and served promptly. The Bistro does not have a liquor license, and is a very supportive BYOB venue -- no corkage or other charges for bringing your own drinks. Also, there is a liquor store nearby if you need an "emergency supply".

The basic menu is posted online and is best described as Farm to Table. We had done a bit of pre-planning with the menu online, and were pleasantly surprised to learn about a trout and New York Strip (with flaked crab topping) special, which we took advantage of. Both were reasonably priced (low $20s) and well prepared. We added some hand cut French Fries (which were outstanding), a salad and soup -- and had an enjoyable dinner!

We took in a warmed sour cream donut served with a mixed fruit chutney for dessert, which was outstanding. We also saw very nice looking chocolate crème brulee being served, which will be on our dinner plan for our next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I've seen the Cuban Sandwich on various menus throughout Metro Detroit, and truly... they never make the mark. I usually don't like to take a chance on restaurants, but sometimes you have to. We were short on time, so I TripAdvised restaurants in the area we were in.

Bradley's came up with great reviews... so we ventured on a culinary exploration mission.

The menu at Bradley's was impressive. They actually still have white linens on the table... a huge plus in my book, indicating they strife to be a fine dining experience. I loved the fact that the ambience is casual, yet pampering.

Perusing the menu.. equally delighted. Chevre Fritters infused with honey. Truffle Fries, Delicious Soups, Bulgogi Beef, and Mac n Cheese, Kimchi Udon, Carnitas Tacos... diverse. Then I noticed the Cuban Sandwich. Let's see..... should I or shouldn't I.

Having been burned before by imposters... I asked Amy (great server)... was it truly made in Cuban/Miami fashion? She said absolutely. Being a part-time Floridian I said, okay, let's give it a whirl. I was super delighted. The bread was perfect, the fillings ham (not salty) and pork roast (well seasoned) was perfect!

Truffle fries were great...a little bit on the soft side, I like mine crispier. But the salads and soups (tomato - homemade) were a welcome surprise.

Chef Scot checked out his creation by stopping by for our opinion. Great guy. Wish him continued success in a restaurant that is affordable, pleasing and filled with marvelous culinary surprises.

When in #Downtown #Saginaw... make it a point to visit. You'll be happy you did.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Visiting Saignaw for only one night and wanted something other than a chain restaurant (all that seemed to be around our hotel) so that we could better experience the area. Husband and wife team have created local and fresh with their own twist. Service by Andrew was great and although they don't serve alcohol he directed us to an historic bar just an block away to purchase. Enjoyed the Lisa salad and the Mac and Cheese was creamy and tasty. Also tried green beans and Brussels Sprouts and everything very good. Highly recommend.