“Finally a new, original restaurant for Saginaw!”
Review of Bradley 's Bistro - CLOSED

Bradley 's Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2014

My husband and I were excited to finally get to Bradley's last night and enjoyed a delicious appetizer and dinner. Was it busy? Yes. Was it crowded? Yes. But isn't this what we want for new restaurants in an area of the city that's trying to make a come-back?! Reservations are accepted and are advised based on how busy we saw it on a Friday night.

FYI: There is no alcohol served here, however you can BYOB

If you're looking for something new in the area... something that is NOT a chain restaurant, then this is the next place you should eat in Saginaw! Service was warm and friendly - food was even better.

6  Thank JennyK82

Reviewed 8 November 2014

The two most important things to me at a restaurant are the taste of the food and the service. Bradley's scores high on both these points. Our waitress was friendly, attentive and helpful. The food had great flavor and variety. The dishes seem to be pumped up versions of classics, with a bit of a gourmet spin. But don't let that scare you away. Even I (a burger and fries kind of person) had no trouble finding something on the menu.

I chose a side portion of Lisa's salad and the mozzarella and parsley arancini. The salad was fresh, had a variety of greens and zero brown spots on the lettuce. It also had generous amounts of pecans, dried cranberries and goat cheese. The arancini (fried risotto balls) were crispy outside, creamy inside. The accompanying tomato coulis had the right balance of sweet/acid, though I would have liked more of it.

Caveats: The menu is subject to change. Some of the lunch dishes listed on their website were not on the menu. Tables are close together and it can get noisy when there's a crowd. Parking is mostly on the street, so it's occasionally hard to find a close spot.

Overall, the owners have done a great job of renovating and decorating the restaurant, along with composing a thoughtful menu. I applaud them for bringing their business to the downtown area and I hope to see them prosper.

2  Thank michmitten
Reviewed 8 October 2014

My husband and I are always looking for new and exciting places in the area to eat. We heard about Bradley ' s Bistro and decided to give it a try, on opening day no less. Our server, Josh, was very friendly, and willing to answer all of our questions. Food came out quickly and was delicious.

The place is really cute, could use some more art on the walls, but we didn't go to a gallery. I sat on a church pew, with a nice view of an exposed brick wall. My husband had a plain wall to look at. All that said, what we were interested in is the food, and it didn't disappoint.

We decided we were going to share everything so we could try as many things as possible. We started with the potato leek soup. It was delicious. Perfect for a day that started out a bit chilly. Next we got the poutin, and the mushroom strudel. They were both great! We moved on to the short rib and steak sandwiches. The flavors were perfect. Just when we thought we couldn't eat any more we went for a doughnut. It came with cranberry chutney. What a way to end a meal!

We will definitely add this to our list of places we "must dine at" for Saginaw. -It wasn't on the way to where we needed to go but was definitely worth the trip. I can't wait to try their dinner menu. Lunch is rarely this good!

5  Thank arae0032