“Comfort Food!”

Cuisines: American
Description: (989) 755-5171
Description: (989) 755-5171
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Lots of nostalgia in this very, very old building. But age doesn't necessarily mean dated or dirty. Clean place with great food, good service and an eclectic menu.

Prices are fair for the portions given. Decent food quality, and something for everyone. Their signature item is the hot beef sandwich...Very good, but generally too much for me to eat. I've tried most of their other sandwiches and burgers and am yet to be disappointed. I adore their French Onion Soup--sometimes I just want to go in there and get 3 cups of that and nothing else. :)

Never had room for dessert there, but I hear good things.

My family doesn't generally go out to eat on the weekends, but have also heard great things about their brunch...From their social media posts, it at least looks amazing!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank MichWorldTraveler

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

When you first pull up you see the bright red Savoy Bar And Grill Sign and has a kitschy feel right away. Upon entering you see the beautiful tin ceiling and the abundance of old photos hanging on the wall. The diner has a great nostalgic feel. The menu has old time classic comfort food like meatloaf and the famous hot beef open faced sandwhich smothered in gravy and topped with mashed potatoes. If you are sharing go for the full order, if not, the half might be adequate for one person. The 1lb. burger is another good item to share or if you are a hearty eater go for it. They have homemade desserts which are wonderful. We had the peanut butter pie the day we were there. After we ate, we went next door for a game of pool. The bar is 1970's nostalgic,where the grill is 1900's nostalgic. Overall a fun stop and must see.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Im writing this review. All I can say is if something you want comes in a half order , do it, unless you want it for breakfast the next day. I ordered the meatloaf and took most of it and a slice of two layered cake back to the hotel. We willl definately be back.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This down to earth city bar and restaurant is a Saginaw institution with the intense loyalty of its diners, who are rewarded with generous portions of menu basics.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were all pleased with food and service. Restaurant and bar areas. Building is a bit older than most restaurants, but was clean.

Date of visit: July 2017