“Great Atmosphere, Classy Setting, Reasonable Price”

Jakes Old City Grill
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Saginaw
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Jake's is in the center of an historic area, and capitalizes on the rich history of their surroundings with old photos and an old-time elegant feel. The food and service are great and reasonably priced. The overall atmosphere makes this a true dining "experience" rather than merely going out to eat.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The food is great. They have a fabulous cocktail menu, all the ones I have had are great. The atmosphere is fantastic

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I eat here a few times a year. Folks are more likely to be dressy casual but baseballs caps are accepted. The drinks are good and so are the meals. The beef is excellent and the presentation beautiful. We have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Ate on the patio, which was nice, but of course some street noise since the restaurant is on a corner. Caesar salad included with meal was nice and crisp. Dressing was tasty. I had the shrimp and artichoke pasta in a Parmesan cream sauce. Enjoyed that very much. Fresh bread brought to the table. Will be back.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Jakes is a beautiful old restaurant. A lot of dark wood but lots of windows to let light in. We had the prime rib which was ok. I was expecting a nice mid rare piece of prime rib with ajus. Instead I got a piece of prime rib that had been grilled like a steak. It made it on the tough side. I wish the menu would have said how it was prepared. If it had I wouldn't have ordered it. Don't get me wrong, it was okay, just not what I think of as prime rib. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. I would try again but not with the prime rib.

Been to Jakes Old City Grill? Share your experiences!