Dewstow Gardens & Hidden Grottoes

Reviewed 1 week ago
Elouise1988
via mobile
Hidden Gem!

A really unusual garden with underground grottos. Very well kept, with interesting plants and... read more

Reviewed 6 October 2018
336ep
Bristol

All reviews stepping stones hidden gem water features magical place well worth a visit cakes every turn every corner severn estuary few hours flower beds unusual garden lovely flowers per adult hard work kids will love by accident
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

A friend of mine posted a few pictures on Facebook of a visit here , looked good so we went the next day , even though it was raining we had a fab time with the kids exploring this gem of a find , following the Halloween trail. Explored for well over an hour . Really enjoyable , we will be back , on a warmer day !

1  Thank Elouise1988
Reviewed 6 October 2018

A really unusual garden with underground grottos.
Very well kept, with interesting plants and trees.
Good cafe for light lunches and snacks

2  Thank 336ep
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Went with a group of old friends by coach.
It's not a big garden, but the grottoes and gardens are a wonderful experience, and have a very interesting history that you can watch in their very good cafe before you look round.
I'd go back there with my family, a picnic hamper and have a thoroughly enjoyable few hours.

1  Thank Joss88
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Fantastic garden , each corner you discover something new.The under ground grotto is incredible so many water features and different plants. The whole experience is credit to those that have worked so hard to restore a piece of history for us all to enjoy. The cost for entry is very easonable and you can get a drink and food in tearoom, all staff very pleasant.

2  Thank mysticmaggie
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my parents on a lovely sunny day. I have to say that I'm not really a gardens person but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit here! I really enjoyed the underground tunnels and grottos - made me think of Indiana Jones or the Mummy films! There's stepping stones, waterfalls and dark tunnels so lots to explore and lots of great photo opportunities. Not your usual typical stuffy gardens and so much the better for it. Also there's a cafe on site which offers light lunches - I had the Dewstow Burger which was great for lunch. Clean toilets are located within the cafe area.

2  Thank ZombieRun7
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Unusual, amazing, beautiful, I've not visited a garden like this before where every step reveals something new and unusual especially the underground water features in the grottoes and tunnels. This is a garden worth seeing with the added bonus of a very nice slice of cake after your explorations in the friendly tea room.

2  Thank alang684
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

What a superb place to visit. So full of surprises we were constantly excited to see what was around the next corner! Even though the weather wasn’t the best we still loved this. Disappointing to read poor reviews as we feel totally unnecessary. If you have children then just hold their hand as there are parts that require care due to stepping stones. Excellent cafe with the best lemon drizzle cake we have ever tasted!

4  Thank Cladam18
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

The gardens were so lovely and awe inspiring to walk around. It took us around an hour and a half to walk around the whole of the gardens currently. The weather was very pleasant, which I think definitely helped as while there are grottoes, most of the gardens are outside and open.

The food in the cafe was decent, but the cakes all looked incredible. We had the chocolate fudge cake and were very pleased with it! There is a video about the gardens in the cafe if you ask for them to show it.

I wasn’t quite sure how to class me and nan’s visit so I’ve put it under “friends” haha.

4  Thank greatgadsby97
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Decided to take a trip here and was not disappointed . So unexpected to have this little gem of a garden on our doorstep . Absolutely loved it so unique. The children loved it... and yes it is uneven in places , potential for slipping on the stepping stones , but that’s all part of the unspoilt charm . Close supervision of kids needed and Wear good flat shoes and you’ll be fine . Cafe was good with a nice choice. I will be going again .

6  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We had been meaning to visit Dewston Garden and Grottoes for some time, after reading some impressive press articles on the place. The wait was well worthwhile, as this was one of the best gardens I have visited, with something new to see around every corner. Very reasonably priced and friendly, helpful staff. Combined with a visit to the nearby Roman town of Caerwent, this was a wonderful day out.

2  Thank DavidRWB