All reviews horseback riding golf course gift shop get away ice cream general store whirlpool tub some tlc adults and kids lots of fun great family off season large group indoor waterpark extended family thoroughbred suites awesome place
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I went with a friend for her 13th birthday we stayed 7/25-7/27. We were in the water park almost the entire time and when we went saturday and sunday their was a cute lifeguard named David so I asked him for a picture and said yes. Otherwise the lifeguards really payed attention and were very hooked in and doing what they were suppose to! I really enjoyed the whole stay and my picture

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank HeatherM2001
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed end of June for 3 nights right before the music festival. 6 of us all over 21. Stayed in 2 cabins in back 40 same price as suite plus they allowed our 3 dogs. If children were small one cabin would of worked.Ours had all utensils that was needed. employees were all helpful, but they were not very busy. Horse trails were great and employees did a great job. Water park was awesome and both were included in the package. Brought plenty beer and smores for family bonding time LOL. Get the breakfast buffet there were no complaints out of 6 people. It had all you wanted and good hot food.There is plenty to do away from dude ranch also like amusement park, sand dunes and Lake Michigan not far away. Would liked had are own camp fire ring so not to intrude on others but they drank also so all was good. Our son made some videos on youtube to see some of our fun we had. Go to youtube and search aaronters. day one and 2 and 3 in the west. Golf was good also

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We came to the ranch to attend a wedding. We didn't have time to partake in many activities so I cannot judge by other's experiences.
Upon registration, there was confusion about getting our key but eventually we got one, and only one.
We stayed in a back 40 cabin and my biggest complaint would be the uncomfortable bed and the fact that there wasn't a single utensil. I would expect that for a hotel room but not a cabin. It was very clean though.

We ate dinner and breakfast at Shooters and the food was very good. Had to wait a bit for the refills at the buffet and never got a refill on my coffee.

I had to wait about 25 minutes to check-out because only one person was attending the desk in the Town Hall. He was waiting for a family to decide on their activity so he could make their reservation, and then the next party had a bill issue and he was making phone calls. This was one hour before check-out time and I would expect at least a second person to be there at that time of day.
All staff that I talked to was pleasant and we had no major issues to deal with.

I can imagine this being a great place for a family vacation with so many activities as long as everything is managed, organized and maintained properly.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am so disappointed by my family's experience at Double JJ. I tried not to write this review, but I contacted them weeks ago about my experience and never received a reply. Our experience started with not being able to get in our room because it was being "cleaned". We then arrived in our room and it was filthy. The furniture was stained to the extent that you wouldn't want to sit on it. The dishwasher was not attached so what you pulled on it to find the disher (because they weren't in the cabinet) it would come out of the wall. There were four dead spiders in the bathtub. Now, the condo was in the woods, so this is explainable, but not if the condo had just been cleaned. Finally, the most disturbing for me was that the porch was covered in animal excrement. Not the amount from one day, but from months of an animal living on the porch and it never being swept. I was traveling with a 1 and 3 year old, so I couldn't allow that to stay there as they would get into it. I called the front desk and they sent over someone to clean it. A person came and looked at the mess and communicated that he was disgusted and was hoping someone else could clean it up. He left and then came back 15 minutes later with gloves. Again, he communicated that he was grossed out by this task. He went on the porch for a few minutes and then came back in saying he needed a broom. He then came back 15 min. later with a broom and dust pan. He did a poor job cleaning it up and then asked me if it was "good enough". This whole time my family was waiting to go explore. I was so disappointed in the room and the poor job addressing the cleanliness I called the front desk to move rooms. The front desk rep.did not have any reaction to me expressing my disappointment in the cleanliness of the room or porch and only offered one solution: I upgrade my room for an additional $150 for the night but cannot check in for another 2+ hrs because the room needs to be cleaned. I accepted, because I was that disgusted by the room I was in and didn't want my kids or parents to have to stay in filth. Finally, we made it to the water park. We played there for a little while and then I went to get towels. I stood there for 10 min. while 5 employees walked by me before finally speaking up and saying "could I get a towel please," one of the employees walked over to the towels and back to me asked "how many." She couldn't have acted more put out. There's more but I'm out of characters. :(

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just visited the ranch for the waterpark. We were staying near Silver Lake, but it was cold that day and decided this would be fun for the kids. We took a 1, 2, 5, & 8 year old as well as 4 adults. We all had a blast!! The waterpark was clean (other than a trash smell by the check in desk, yuck), the lifeguards were very attentive, and the staff were very friendly. It wasn't crowded when we went (Wednesday around 11:00am), so everyone was able to ride the slides and play with the equipment at their leisure. It was FANTASTIC!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family