New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
Port Huron, Michigan
“Stolen money!!!!! 30-day hidden cancellation policy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I reserved a room for family members last summer ,and it was an okay for experience for them. However, last week I called them again because I had family members coming in town over the weekend for my daughters one year birthday. I reserved the room and instructed the associate that my card, which was on file already, was NOT to be run, and they were paying for the room themselves. He took the info and never informed me of a 30-day "special event" cancellation policy. Obviously, if he had, I would never have booked the room for such a ridiculous thing when I couldn't be assured they would make it from out-of-state within the same week. Then, come saturday morning, on their way here they got an alert of a cheaper hotel room at another local hotel. I proceeded to call Quality and cancel my reservation. The attendant said ok and never informed me that I would get charged a 165 bill because of their new 30 day cancellation policy that wasn't told to me or listed on their website. I got charged on the following tuesday. After not receiving a conformation or cancellation number, the management is completely refusing to speak to us and trying to claim they won't give our money back

Room Tip: Don't book one
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank Shane F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times on business trips. It is clean and well appointed. The rooms are quite large. During the week they have a Manager's Reception with food and beverages. The last time I was there they were quite generous with the portions. The breakfast is quite good with the usual hot items. Any of the staff I came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. There are lots of restaurants and big box type stores within a couple of minutes drive. There is an indoor pool and play area for the young ones. About the only downside for some might be the Bridge traffic noise. It doesn't bother me in the least as I can sleep beside a train track but it is there. Unfortunately I understand the hotel will be closed in the next couple of years due to the expansion of the Bluewater Bridge complex. They have property in another part of town and I will be more than willing to try it out when the time comes. In the mean time it's a fine spot to spend a night

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank marinerbay
Saginaw, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The one night manager was rude and needs to educate himself more on what customer skills are. Once hotel has your money they do not care how happy you are with your room. So don't share it. Shut up and go to another hotel the area - there are plenty of them in this town. The manager was a little sarcastic -
I guess in this economy they are doing sooooo well that they do not have to worry.
The bridge is right there to Canada so I am sure that brings business too. I stay in this area 1-2 times a month. Well - my business will not count. Lot of dollars added up for a years times.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Zinnia102
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

We stayed here on a last minute over night trip. We used our GPS to find a hotel. Considering that I didn't get to research nearby hotels before making the reservation I think we made the right choice. This hotel is right next to the bridge to Canada. However, even with the proximity to the busy road, we never heard any street noise. We had a King whirpool room. Our room was very clean. The decor is a little dated, but this area (and Michigan overall) has been very hard hit by the recession. Keeping the doors open has most likely been the major focus, not updating the decor. The breakfast was good for hotel fare. There is a decent pool area including an indoor playland (think McDonald's like). We were overall very please with our one night stay.

Room Tip: If having a former smoking room is a concern, request a room that has always been non-smoking. Tell...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

We had the basic room and it was fine. Clean, reasonable size. The breakfast was fine. Good pool facility.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family