“Great Meat”

Ranked #7 of 98 Restaurants in Port Huron
Price range: USD 5 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Just opened about a month ago. It is right downtown in Port Huron.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I were away for a robotics competition and looks at trip advisor for recommendations for dinner. We selected fuel wood the the choice of 3 meat with corn bread muffin and mac and cheese. We chose turkey breast, pulled chicken and baby back ribs all were tasty, sauce were already on the table in various containers. The corn bread muffins were delicious but the macaroni was awful, no seasoning and it seemed watery even though the top was toasted with cheese, once you broke through it was watery. My daughter had a black bean burger and fries, she said it was flavorful and the fries were delicious. We will return again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had a late lunch at Fuel. Ordered a two meat combo plate with pulled pork and baby back ribs. The combo came with macaroni and cheese and corn bread. The sides were ok, the cole slaw was very good but the meats were delicious! You sauce the meat yourself with a choice of five sauces at the table. Service was satisfactory. There are many menu options that I look forward to trying on my next visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Visiting family and went to favorite FUELS!
This is always a treat. The smoked turkey is moist and so tasty-delish. The Mac & cheese has a little heat with a crisp top, so good.

We love the food and it is the best BBQ in Port Huron!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We were a group of 40 people on Saturday night. Fantastic service, delicious food, excellent value. Our food arrived quickly, all orders were correct, and the food was delicious. Superb appetizers and tasty meals. Overall, a truly enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Great brick wall atmosphere, especially in the basement. Service was prompt, accommodating, friendly and efficient.
I had a triple Combo plate of brisket, turkey and white meat chicken. The turkey was moist and tender - a LOT better than I expected. The Brisket was also tender and flavorful. The chicken breast was a little on the dry side, as is expected with smoked breast meat, but it was still tasty. The variety of sauces was good - I think I preferred the Chipotle one. The plate came with mac-n-cheese that had some jalapeno in it - I liked it a lot. There was also a bread item on the plate, and although I cannot recall exactly what it was, I did finish it.. Another member of our party had a traverse city salad with some meat on it - it looked awesome, and from what I heard, it was delicious. We had smoked wings for an appetizer, they were good and smoky with crisp skin. The stuffed potato halves were good, but you ought to put some sauce on them, or else they're on the dry side - I would order them again though.