“A good Pasty experience”
Review of The Pasty Place

The Pasty Place
Ranked #79 of 107 Restaurants in Petoskey
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

The menu is small, only a few pasty selections. I had the original which was great. I didn't care for baked beans, they were hard. Hubby had another selection, Cornish and his was not great and he didn't care for his slaw. More of a cooler day comfort food, very heavy, but as a traveler, I wanted to try local cuisine and mine was fine. He is a new business and will be adding bbq next, then pastries. I'd go again.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

My wife and I enjoyed the Cornish style pasties. They were very large with lots of filling. Meat was tender and tasty. The crust was light and crisp. Service was good. I've eaten a lot of pasties in my life and I would say these were some of the best.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Visiting from England we decided to try an American version of the trusty Cornish pasty. We were very impressed and all enjoyed our meal.
The owners were very friendly and we really enjoyed chatting with them.
We did try to go back to get more and to tell the owners how good their pastys were but unfortunately, despite going back during the posted opening hours, the shop was never open at the time of our visits.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I ordered pasties from here in late March to be delivered as a gift. The clerk quickly took my credit card number and immediately charged it while I was still talking with her on the phone. I was assured the pasties would go out the next day and that she would email a tracking number. After 10 days and not hearing anything, I contacted her again. She gave an excuse that they had maintenance issues and assured me they would go out immediately. After almost six weeks and many excuses, the pasties were never shipped. At that time I requested to cancel the order and have a credit applied to my credit card. I was assured she would reverse the charge to my card.

After ten days and no refund, I contacted her again and was told it would take a little more time for the credit to appear. I waited five more days then initiated a dispute with my credit card company. In my opinion The Pasty Place was never going to initiate the credit. My credit card company resolved this situation and I have my money back.

I am not able to attest if the pasties are delicious because they were never delivered. Hence my average rating for the food.

1  Thank travelsavage51
Reviewed 3 February 2016

We may be spoiled by U.P. Pasties but we found these to be large due to a LOT of dough, light on the filling, and the gravy was so thick and had such a strong taste of bouillon or something that it was overpowering. We skipped using the gravy. We called ahead only to arrive and find they had nothing made in stock (it was 12:30, lunch time). Placed an order and was told it would be ready by 5:00. When I returned the owner/cook was irate and in my face because I declined to take baked beans in place of cole slaw which they were out of. Just wanted the pasties I had waited all afternoon for! Definitely need some work on customer service and the guy running this place should stay in the kitchen and away from the customers. My family did not like the pasties enough for us to return much to my relief!

2  Thank Im4ever39
Robert D, Owner at The Pasty Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

I am very upset about this review. Number one; she was alone when she came into my business. Number two; She was in a bad mood when she arrived. My server did everything to accommodate her. She still treated him with disrespect. She was asked to come back because our pasties are made fresh daily. We only had frozen pasties on hand which is done all the time. If someone wants to take frozen they can until daily fresh ones are made. Number three; Never was I upset or gave her any kind of an attitude over the baked beans or cole slaw. My Pasties are packed with freshness and full of filling. There is not more crust the there should be with a pasty. My gravies are not overly thick. If anything they are not thick enough. I stay in the middle so that the cup has enough for the whole pasty. Look at her picture. The gravy is not thick. I came from the kitchen when this customer got out of hand. She was rude and obnoxious. I will always stand behind my servers when they are right and they are being mistreated by such a character. I hope this woman never comes back. If she does I will not let anyone serve her. I want this review removed. It is slandurious and untrue.