“Olive burger”

The Side Door Saloon
Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Petoskey
Price range: USD 5 - USD 18
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We provide great service, food and beverages delivering a quality experience comfortable for families, friends and sports fans in a friendly environment.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Not much atmosphere. Nice service. Noted for their Olive Burger.
Oh my gosh, so flavorful and unique!

1  Thank 409far
Don D, Owner at The Side Door Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Our Olive Burgers are the best, we were voted #1 in the area again this year for our burgers. Usually we get good reviews on our atmosphere (clean, lots of up north decor, friendly/upbeat staff, etc.). I wonder if it's because we just installed new windows and are now waiting on our new blinds to be installed? Thanks for taking the time for the review, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stopped in on a Saturday close to prime time dinner hour but we were promptly seated and the service was good. We each ordered a beer and a burger. The beer tap selection was decent and the burgers were delicious although my wife's burger was a bit more rare than she ordered. I liked the Cajun Blue Cheese burger and my wife liked her barbecue burger. The burgers were served with potato chips.

1  Thank TRbeer

Thank you, for your review! We are known to be very efficient with quick service times so we usually do not have a waiting line. We're glad you liked our delicious burgers!
Don

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Soda $2.50, cup chili $4.59, fish sandwich with chips $10.99, burger on pretzel bun with chips $9.49
Pretty good food. Casual place. Poor service. 3 waitresses and 1 bartender all talking right next to us but I had to get up and refill both of our sodas myself. Luckily the soda machine is in the dining arena not behind the bar.

1  Thank greeneyecutie76

I am so sorry that the service failed you (and me). I reviewed this with my staff so this will never happen again. I apologize that it happened and hope that you come in and find out that this is not typically the service that we are known for. My name is Don, next time you are in please ask for me so I can personally apologize for this.
Don

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great place to eat whether it be lunch or dinner. Friendly wait staff. The Ruski and Tuna Melt are excellent lunch choices and the Prime Rib or Seafood Alfred are excellent for dinner.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Our staff is the best, Lois and I are so proud of them for doing such a great job of servicing our guests!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We found the Side Door almost by accident and are we happy we found it. We were looking for a beer although my wife had wine and some comfort food. We sat at the bar, a spot that we enjoy. We both had hamburgers, I had the Big Daddy and we wife had the Olive Mushroom burger. Both are generous portions and perfectly made. The beer was a craft beer from a local brewery, very good. The staff is friendly as is the owner and efficient. Just a generally good time. We will be back on Thursday evening just before we leave the area.

It was nice talking to you, we look forward to seeing you again soon. So glad you enjoyed your experience!