“Wonderful Mexican Food”
Review of Happy's Taco Shop

Happy's Taco Shop
Ranked #51 of 107 Restaurants in Petoskey
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We were initially disappointed that the American Spoon Foods Cafe had been replaced by a Mexican food restaurant. But that disappointment totally changed when we tasted the food. There is a freshness and flavor that makes us now include this restaurant on our absolute-must-visit list when we're in Petoskey. The guacamole is phenomenal! Everything we ordered tasted great, and the servers were friendly and helpful. Reasonable prices too, with outdoor seating available alongside the park.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Happy's Tacos is fresh and innovative. Loved it and have taken everyone in my family back to enjoy this new addition to Petoskey!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Our family was really looking forward to dining at the American Spoon Cafe, one of our favorites, during our annual summer jaunt to Petoskey. We were disappointed to find ASC gone and replaced by Happy Tacos, an offshoot of a food truck from Traverse City, but willing to give it a try. Despite the place being at 50% capacity, it took a while for the hostess to notice that we and others were waiting for tables. That said, our server was very friendly and attentive. The menu was rather limited in the offerings, and the food while good was not that great which only added to our lament at the pasting of ASC. In the end we would rate the value proposition of HT as mediocre and probably will not include it on future trips to the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We stopped here for lunch when we were just walking by. The chips were amazing. I think they are the best chips ever. The salsa is spicy. My husband loved it. I like mine a little more salty. All of the entrees were amazing. The best was definitely the french toast, which was like candy. The lamb french dip was probably second, and the two tacos - I had fish tacos and my husband, the spice lover, had the churiso sausage tacos, which he loved. keep up the good work! They had a little problem with the credit card machine at the end causing a delay and they gave us our chips and salsa for free. A+ for service in my book.