“Ornery owner.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pines Motel

Pines Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pentwater
Pines Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Pentwater B&B and Inns
Fennville
“Ornery owner.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

I was trying to find a place to stay in the Pentwater area. Called the Pines. Got an answer machine that only said "I'm not here. Leave a message." I wasn't sure this was the motel. Called back. A man answered. I was asking about the rooms (what they were like, how many beds, etc). He said (gruffly) "We have all kinds. Then I asked what clientel they catered to. (trying to find out if they were familly oriented because my grandkids were involved) He says (gruffly again) "Wanta you mean by that!" AND HUNG UP ON ME!! What a way for a business person to act! So, needless to say, we won't be staying there. And I wouldn'y recommend it to anyone.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank pinky60Fennville

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

My husband and I love our little overnight road trips. We're definitely budget travelers, but we love being by any of the Great Lakes. Those two items are generally mutually exclusive. However, we discovered the Pines Motel and were very pleased with the great price, the cleanliness of the rooms and the little touches like the antique looking dresser and the rocking chair. It was nice to stay someplace that wasn't decorated in Generic Hotel Furniture 1985, which is generally what you get when you stay at a small non-chain motel. The motel owner was pleasant, helpful, and laid-back and the resident cat gave us our "kitty fix" while we were away from our own cats.
We will definitely stay there again. If you're in Pentwater, don't miss the Sunrise (Sunshine??) Cafe for breakfast on a side street near the harbor. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsBug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentwater
9.2 km away
12.3 km away
Sierra Sands Family Lodge
8.3 km away
Hart House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Pines Motel? Share your experiences!