“If you like sweet fruity wines and a good view, you'll love this place”

Leelanau Wine Cellars
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Omena
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My taste preference leans to the drier wines but we picked this place with a recent family trip "up north." First, let me say that the tasting room is one of the nicest I've been to. It's bright and surrounded with windows looking out over the beautiful bay.

The wines were all pretty sweet but I enjoyed some of them very much. They aren't very expensive either. My favorite was the cranberry wine. We got several bottles of that for Thanksgiving! Can't wait!

They also have a restaurant but we didn't dine so I can't comment on that but it was pretty full of patrons so either they were all tourists or it is a good place to eat (or both?).

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely visit to Leelanau Wine Cellars. The location was a great drive along the coast and once we arrived we had an excellent view while drinking wine.

They had a great selection of dry and sweet wines both fruit and grape... Everyone wine drinker is sure to find something they love.

Leelanau Wine Cellars offers 5 free tastings with great recommendations - which was just enough for us to discover some new favorites.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

If you are looking for a place to sample some of the best wines on the planet this is your destination. If you are looking for a place to sample some of the best wines with one of the most spectacular views this is your place. The staff was magnificent. Do not miss this place... ever! This was 2nd to last stop on the tour (just my wife and I. Not a big group).

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

This was the first stop on our winery tour. They have the best views to relax and enjoy some wine. They offer 5 free tastings and they don't disappoint! Very reasonable priced! We left with 6 bottles, 1 was the large bottle, for under $50! Friendly and knowledgeable staff!!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This winery has it all; great views, awesome customer service, a large wine list with many sweet wines, and free tastings!!! When beginning tastings you are given a menu and asked for your favorite types of wine. The servers will help you make your selections if unsure. They make sure you taste from dry to sweet. Every wine I tried, I loved. We ended up buying 6 bottles. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and even offered to take pictures for us. If you like sweeter wines this place is worth the drive. Many dry wine options too. They also offer fruit wines and ports.