“Amazing Dinner!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is definitely the best restaurant in the East Lansing/Okemos area. The service is outstanding. The wine list is extensive. The food is divine! I had a caprese salad but with grapefruit instead of tomatoes..so refreshing. My scallops were prepared perfectly. My husband and I shared yummy lemon tart. Will make this a go to restaurant for everyday or special occasions.

1  Thank Sheila N

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

One of the best meals I've ever had! Everything was delicious and the prices weren't bad for a higher end restaurant. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Just came home from another excellent experience at Tannin. This definitely is the best restaurant in the Greater Lansing Area. My daughter and I shared the chef's tasting menu and it was fabulous. Our service was very good as well. I really don't understand people's complaints about the atmosphere. We always sit in the front room with the bar, and although the atmosphere is not lush, I find it to be very comfortable. The menu is very interesting and I give it high marks on using ingredients that are fresh and seasonal.

1  Thank teedeeandchelchel
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My overall experience from my last 5 times visiting is highly positive. The wines are well chosen as is the liquor selection. Noah, one of the bartenders there, is very helpful in selecting the wine or spirit that pairs best with your entree, and his friendly attitude is very welcoming. The menu changes with what is seasonally available, and never disappoints with the flavors and variety.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

This was a first visit to celebrate a birthday and expectations were high. This eatery wants to be high-end, but one gets the feeling of sitting in Five Guys with plastic-like tables and chairs. Surroundings are a bit stark. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, but service was slow even though the restaurant did not seem busy. One guest ordered cedar-planked salmon with goat cheese polenta cake. Salmon was rated 8/10 , and the cheese polenta cake was excellent. I ordered asparagus and pistachio gnocchi. The asparagus was sparsely added, the dish as a whole had an unattractive color and really needed more greenery. It appeared that spinach was added, but too scant to appreciate. The meal was heavy, like two or three pasta plates, so a vegetable balance would have been appreciated. We did ask for roasted Brussels sprouts which were palately unpleasant.

For dessert we ordered chocolate mousse cake, creme brulee and coffee. Servings and taste were very standard, refills on the coffee hard to come by.

The meal was very pricey, so not sure if we can recommend or if we will return. Better service and meal balance would be good starters.