“Good Burger, Comfortable Pub Atmosphere ”

Fischers Happy Hour Tavern
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Northport
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This was our second off-season visit. It was a December Sunday afternoon and there were a grand total of 3 tables occupied. The service was very good. My wife ordered a burger and I had the Ruebin. We also had a cup of their lobster bisque.

The burger was quite good, the Ruebin was ok (I have been spoiled by Lachaym in Beulah). The bisque was tasty, but a bit salty. In Leelanau County, there is not many restaurants open in December, so there is not much competition. There are other choices, but they tend to be much more expensive. The restaurant is dark inside, but is warm on a cold day and the coffee is hot and was topped off two or three times. We will be back on our next winter visit.

1  Thank brianhH5461XT

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Serving are generous and the food is average, but the overall experience wonderful. I can see why the locals and visitors love this restaurant. The overall atmosphere is perfect for Up North. Our waitress was very good and everyone was very friendly. We will return next year.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Fischer’s as we were told it was a town favorite. It has the potential to be very good. We visited when they were really busy and that might reflect why dinner was subpar. I read reviews on their burger so promptly ordered when we sat down. I had to send it back three times for being undercooked. The waitress was lovely about it and very apologetic (not her fault at all). However one women whom was washing tables and sitting people asked us how we were doing(am assuming manager?). We explained the burger issue and she said “okay”, grabbed the burger and took it back. Never saying anything and never returned to the table. But again, they were busy and she must have felt some pressure. The rest of my family enjoyed their meal. I’d at least give it a shot (on a slow night) when we are back in town.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Thw chicken dinner was great. A lot there and I took it home and make chicken salad. The fish and chips was okay. Both Mom and my spouse said that they should have gone with the chicjken as well. But the fish was okay.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Reasonable prices, incredibly friendly service. Dark old fashioned interior is exactly what a delightfully throwback restaurant and menu (when have you last seen a place that offers "broasted" chicken) should have.
My wife had the walleye which was also very good, but not as good as the chicken.