“misleadig prices. Food is marginal at best.”

Fischers Happy Hour Tavern
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Northport
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Food was ok. Service was marginal. Prices were ridiculous for the quality. I think there's a lot of positive reviews because the location is a phenomenal area and people are in a good mood when they dine there. They claimed they had no kids menu printed. We asked for kids prices on meals.... when the bill finally came the prices on the bill were literally double what the waitress claimed when we went. The kids meals were more than our adult dinners. 3$ for a kids chocolate milk with no refills. I ordered the walleye sandwich. It came fried, dry on a dry bun. NOTHING else on it... No sauce, tomatoes, lettuce or anything. They call it a meal, but literally nothing came with it... they charged 4$ extra for the fries that came with it. We questioned them because the menu said "substitute fries for 1$.... they claimed that statement only applied to starred items.... you had to read the fine print. The menu is a scam job.

Kristi F, Owner at Fischers Happy Hour Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

I don't generally get on here to respond but after reading this I felt compelled. I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience. However I feel the need to defend my business in this instance. The Walleye is lightly breaded and fried, however it comes with lettuce, lemon and tarter sauce on the side and with your choice of French fries or homemade coleslaw, if you didn't get that I would like to be made aware. I would also like to apologize we were indeed out of kids menus (my fault I had to toss them) which is because they had gotten so bent and colored on I ordered new ones. All the kids meals are 6.99 so if you thought it was more than a Walleye Sandwich then I would like to be made aware. The milk is $3 a glass with no refills because we get great organic milk that costs us 2.15 per portion so you can see why we don't give free milk refills which is pretty standard. If you can get the receipt to me for this meal I would like to look at it to make sure you weren't miss charged because something about this review doesn't add up. The menu is far from a "scam job" I can assure you that, and if you can produce that receipt bring it in and ask to see Kristi and I will reimburse you the entire thing. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This pub is only 11 miles outside Leland and we never knew it was here. The first thing on their menu is the broasted chicken. I ordered just the chicken and was in heaven! My husband had the steak sandwich and he raved about it. Great prices too!

1  Thank Mickie T
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Best burgers! Have to go there if in Empire!!! Good beef, great service! Very fun! Beach nearby! Fun shopping!!!

1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Our stop at Fischer's was the dining highlight of our Up North trip! We had visited Fischer's several years before and remembered how wonderful the food was. Returning this year we were hoping for the same experience, and we were not disappointed!

To start the meal, one in our party ordered the chicken soup and another ordered the chili. Both were wonderful! We agreed that there was something really special about the chili!

While there are several appetizing items on the menu, we all ordered the Famous Chicken Dinner. This is simply the best chicken that I have ever had, and I have experienced a lot of fried and broasted chicken. It is better than Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth and it is better than Paula Deen's down south.

The Famous Chicken Dinner comes with fries, coleslaw, and a blueberry muffin. You can substitute roasted baked mini potatoes instead of fries for $1. One member of our party did that and thoroughly enjoyed this side dish. The fries were equally good, and the coleslaw was delicious.

The ambiance at Fischer's adds to the wonderful experience. It is an Up North local establishment, and the decor contributes to its appeal.

Last but not least, we had wonderful service! Our waiter, Hudson, was so attentive and helpful! He told us a lot about the menu choices, explaining that most of the recipes were homemade and currently under lock and key. I believe it! I wouldn't want the chicken or chili recipe to get out, either!

My only regret was that we did not stay in the area long enough to visit Fischer's twice. That being said, it is a must visit when we do return Up North!

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and i have been married almost 50 years and she will confirm that I have never ordered fried chicken when out for dinner. The waitress at Fischer's convinced me to try their broasted chicken with a promise to bring me a case of napkins.and wipes, so I relented.
The broasted chicken was fantastic. Seriously. We will return to Fischer's and I will order their chicken again.
I loved it.