“Favorite hometown restaurant to delight you.”

The Hearthstone Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 235 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Ambience is great, friendly staff, and simply wonderful food. Parking can be tricky when busy which they are at dinner time. Sometimes you have to wait, but it's worth it. The food selection is awesome; you'll find pastas, beef, chicken, seafood and more. Love the specialty sandwiches and soups which are unique. Side dishes are ala'carte. Fantastic appetizers; I love the escargot and bruschetta. Prices are a little high, but the quality of food is excellent. Staff make great recommendations to assist in selecting just the right meal you'll enjoy. I highly recommend Hearth stone Bistro for a unique and lovely dining experience.

Date of visit: April 2018
BDS120881, Owner at The Hearthstone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello sherrybbbs! We very much appreciate your kind words about our food and staff. But, I noticed the rating didn't quite seem to align with the rest of the review, so I simply want to take the opportunity to tell you that if you have any issues or concerns that weren't mentioned in your review you are more than welcome to contact me directly at ben@hearthstonerestaurant.com, or, by calling me at the restaurant 231.733.1056.

If the rating was simply a mistake and you enjoyed your experience, please feel free to ignore this message -- my intention isn't to be a bother, I simply wanted to express our appreciation and ensure we don't overlook any opportunity in which we may be able to improve our guests' experience. Thank you again!

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I have had Hearthstone catered food for nearly 8 years and always loved it. Recently my husband and I decided to have lunch there and were not disappointed. The menu is not huge, but everything looks delicious and it was hard to narrow. In the end, I had a duck pizza and it was savory. It is a tad expensive, but worth the money.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Count on waiting and waiting at this place for your meal to be served. The wait time is off the charts. It will be a hot day in Muskegon in the winter months before we return

Date of visit: October 2018

Hi MedWriter, We are sorry that you are disappointed but appreciate your feedback. If you are willing, we would love to gather more information from you about your experience so we we can do our best to avoid repeating it. Please feel free to contact us by email, ben@hearthstonerestaurant.com or by phone 231.733.1056. We are committed to providing you with a great experience and hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Stopped in with friends for their soup and sandwiches. Soups were excellent, fresh and hearty. I had a salad that came with golden beets which were excellent.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

customer service was attentive and helpful. Sandwiches and soup were very tasty and unique. I think the chocolate dessert was one of my lifetime favorites and that says a lot.