“Long wait for much-hyped but average food”

Mr B's Pancake House
Ranked #14 of 235 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 September 2018

My boyfriend saw "Pancake House" and insisted this was the place we needed to go. I read some of these earlier 3 or lower reviews and had concerns, but alas, we went, we ate, and we walked away less than wowed, as I expected. First, we walked in and there were dozens of other groups waiting. We were surprised when the hostess said 10 minutes and gave us a buzzer. Twenty five minutes later, we were seated in a half-booth by the kitchen door and had to ask for a chair so we could face each other and talk. The food was just average breakfast food. Good, but not exceptional in any way. The staff was very friendly and smiley all the time. Service was fine. I guess the 25 minute stint in the waiting area staring at Evangelical advertising for Right to Life and other topics turned me off a bit. I saw this in earlier TA reviews and it's why I didn't want to try it out. In the end, I went just to see and verify. It's their restaurant and they can display what they want. It's certainly a receptive area of Michigan for it. It's just not the cup of tea I want to start my day. Looking for food, not fundamentalism.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Great, quick service! It was very busy when we went. We had a 15 minute wait, but by the amount of people waiting we thought it would be way longer... I was wrong.. 15 minutes was all we waited. I ordered the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict and my husband had the Philly Steak Omelette. DELICIOUS! The crab cake was crispy on the outside and loaded with delicious blue crab on the inside. It was a very rich dish and I recommend splitting it. My husband gave the omelette a 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We came for breakfast and this place did not disappoint. Very clean and updated. Service was great and very friendly. Husband has stuffed french toast and it was absolutely delicious. I had the vegetable omelette. It was very good. Would definately recommend.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We were looking for a good breakfast place and my husband googled this place. Wow! The extensive menu in addition to the pancake choices is great for those who need lots of choices. The portions are very substantial. You can order what you want; substitutions are no problem. The staff are friendly, helpful, and make you feel special; no request is denied.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We just had our first visit and would highly recommend it. A clean spacious dining area. Plenty of waiting are for the short wait on a weekend morning. Lots of variety and unique options. Great food at a reasonable price. Fun, friendly service.

Date of visit: August 2018