“Love their Omelets!”
Review of Carmen's Cafe

Carmen's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 235 Restaurants in Muskegon
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Carmen’s cafe for 20 years and love the breakfasts - Carmen’s special and the veggie omelet are favs. This is a great place for a group of ten to meet and eat, or meet with a friend or a client. Carmen knows what she’s doing and her husband runs the register. Quick attentive service. Great pancakes too!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We live in the area and have gone to Carmen's almost since their beginning. We usually do breakfast, but enjoy lunch there, as well. If you like a heavier bread, try their Tree Bark. It is a favorite with my family for their toast. I usually order one of their daily specials .I've never been disappointed. Check their days and times. Sometimes they change during the winter months. Avoid busy times for breakfast and lunch. You may have to wait.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

decent food for the price, small busy place, Food is hit or miss, great chicken salad (not always available) Taco salad not so great, needs more toppings, sandwiches are pretty big and tasty.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I received a recommendation from the hotel and it did not disappoint! Our server, Jenny, was very personable and attentive. The restaurant was extremely clean both front and back of the house. You can see in the kitchen and I did not see anything on the floor, shelves were cleaned and polished. The decor was welcoming and quaint.

The portions were more than adequate. The pancakes were huge! I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a great breakfast spot!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Carmen's offers what I consider to be the best breakfast in the Muskegon area. They do not offer unusual or "exotic" dishes or ingredients. What you get is the traditional American breakfast centered on eggs, meats, pancakes and breads. Ingredients used in the dishes are of high quality from what I can tell. The service at Carmen's is excellent. Indeed, at times it seemed a bit too fast as our coffee cups were refilled when they were still half full! But I'm not complaining because it was very good tasting coffee.

Carmen's is located in downtown Muskegon, a block from the Farmers' Market. Plenty of parking on the street and in the Farmers' Market lot is available without charge. Carmen's is a fairly large restaurant with plenty of tables. Nevertheless, you may have to wait a few minutes for a table because there are plenty of customers.