“Perfect Bakery Stop”

Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Muskegon
Price range: USD 5 - USD 8
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Lunch
Description: West Michigan's Premier BAKERY Located at the Corner of Laketon at Terrace in Muskegon in the Old Sanitary Dairy Building. We offer seating and are a wifi hot spot!
Reviewed 23 November 2017

The phrase "the bee's knees" does not get thrown around a lot in modern conversation. However, this bakery deserves the epithet. An excellent array of baked goods - donuts, cupcakes, muffins - and they were all very delicious. We had a bit of everything at a good price. If you are looking for dessert, this little spot may seem out of the way but it is worth it.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Our work orders donuts at least a few times a month and once that email goes out that they are in the break room, you better run because they are gone fast! Amazing cakes as well! Highly recommend!

ChefAdamBell, General Manager at Ryke's Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

We are so glad your business treats their staff to our donuts! Thanks for the nice review.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We have been looking for a "good donut" since moving here a few months ago. We had a bakery that was in business for over 50 yrs., basic same recipes and everything from bread, muffins, pretzels and oh! the best donuts. We happened to ask someone and they told us about Rykes and to find out it is 2 miles from our home. OH NO! We just had our second donut and we are delightfully happy to know that we don't have to drive 3 hrs. any more. This place has everything also. I will be going back soon to try a different variety. MMMMMMM!

Glad you found us! Thanks for the kind words.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

On our annual trip to Muskegon my husband and I stopped at Ryke's to pick up 2 large containers of the wonderful Butter Thin Cookies and a single piece of their wonderful marble cake with the Bavarian Cream filling and the famous Ryke's butter cream frosting. the single slice of cake was large enough for my husband & I to share. We took our purchase down to Pere Marquette Park, soaked in the sun at a picnic table by the channel and ate the cake as we watched the boats gliding by. Yes, this is my hometown ~ this always makes a visit home a bit more memorable. At our family reunion I was very surprised when my cousin gave me another box of Ryke's delectable "Butter Thin Cookies". these will be frozen & enjoyed throughout the upcoming months at home in Texas!! The counter help is so efficient!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I have been enjoying Ryke's Butter Thin Cookies for over half a century. This is prey good as I have not lived near Muskegon in over 40 years. When given the chance I stop in, and visit Ryke's, just for the cookies. I was pleased to have been able to stop in again a few days ago and purchased several boxes of the famous cookies to return to Milwaukee with. So happy to say that they haven't changed over the years. YUM!!