other traveller has booked this property
Bedroom with Double Bed and Flat Screen TV Bathroom with Shower
View
View
Apartments Alen
Shared Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lia228
Trieste, Italy
“An awful experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We came to the island of Vis after a day on the road, a night spent in the car and two and a half hour ferry trip. It was awfully hot and we couldn't wait to accommodate ourselvers, take a shower and go to the beach. When we arrived, I called the owner for four times, but he wouldn't answer. We started asking the locals and found out that no one knows him. We went around local tourist agents, but nobody could help. Finally, we managed to find the apartment, but the real owners knew nothing about our booking and it appeared that the photos on the website were a combination of the photos of two different apartments. So, we remained stuck on the island, packed with tourists and unable to find a place to stay. By the way, Split is about 500 km from our home and the ferry ride from Split to Vis and back cost us 150€. The disappointment was huge, especially on the side of the children and my husband who hasn't had a real holiday for four years. The "owner" finally answered my call, promissed to call back soon, but since this didn't happen in two hours' time, I phoned Tripadvisor. They offered their help looking for another accommodation, but we knew there was nothing suitable, because we asked in all local agencies and they were all full, so I asked them for the refund. Now I'm waiting for the money to come on my bank account, unfortunately my phone bill has risen to 78€ because of the calls to Tripadvisor and of course we wouldn't have spent the 150€ on ferry if we had known what an awful experience was waiting for us on the island. At the end I must say that Tripadvisor staff were very helpful and responsive.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Liked least: The fact I was fooled
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Vis hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing