“Very disappointed ”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Our menu covers all classic pub fare from wings to ribs, from nachos to steaks, and everything inbetween. We offer 11 beers on tap, 23 different types of bottled beers along with flowing red and white wine. We also show every NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL game on request. We're able to show live rugby and football. If it's on TV, we will do our best to get it for you. We also open early or stay open late for most major sporting events. Weekly Specials Mexican Monday Beef Tacos- 1,000 Pulled Pork Nachos- 8,000 Buffalo Chicken Nachos- 8,000 Taco Salad- 10,000 Corona Bucket(5)- 20,000 Tuesday Wing Night (With Drink Purchase) 12 Wings- 5,000 Sauces: Plain, Salt & Pepper, Honey Garlic, Fire Ranch, Yum Yum, Spicy BBQ, Buffalo, Insane Wednesday- Super Fry Night (With Drink Purchase) Crinkle Cut (3,500), Poutine (4,500), Yum Yum Chicken (6,000), Seasoned Wedges (4,000), Mac & Cheese Fries (5,500), Heart Attack Fries (6,000), Taco Fries (6,500) Thursday- Burger Night (With Drink Purchase) Classic Cheeseburger (5,000), Sammy Burger (5,500), Crispy Buffalo Chicken Burger (5,500), Bacon Cheeseburger (6,500), Smokin Jalapeno Burger (6,500) Friday Night Jager Shots- 3,000 (All Night) Jager Bombs 5,000 (all night) House Doubles- 6,000 (5-9pm) Red Rock/OB Pitcher- 10,000 (9-Midnight)
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed after seeing favorable reviews to go there this evening and experience the following:
- very poor service
- total lack of interest from the 1 waitress serving 8 tables
- ordered food only to be told 10 minutes later that the kitchen was closing and they could only serve us from the snack menu
- snacks were very average to say the least
- my credit card was held by staff as soon as I placed the order and only returned when I requested the bill and by the time it was returned the card had already been swiped and charged without me authorizing it in any way and when I complained the manager on duty was extremely rude
I will never go back there again and would discourage anyone from going there unless they want terrible service to go with poor food and staff with bad attitude

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Let us discuss what Sam Ryan's is. It is a sports bar, pub and grill. But it is so much more than just that. It is a place where people from all walks of life from all over the globe can go and fit in. I have met people who became my friends from USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, and of course Korea, and many other places. Even though the food and drinks are good, you can find good food and good drinks in many places. What sets this place apart is the people who work there and the people who have made Sam Ryan's their hang out spot of choice. Just some of the little things like having Game of Thrones on when it is in season (where you can nerd out with your fellow GoT nerds), or show up on Sunday for UFC, or cheer for your country during the Olympics. You can throw darts, play beer pong or shuffleboard. Sam Ryan's is a place where you are encouraged to have fun and enjoy life, no matter what it is that you enjoy.

2 other things of note: They have a special for every week day where prices are slashed or have a unique offering. Those on a budget can eat without hurting the pocket book! AND, who can forget The Wheel. Spin The Wheel, don't be shy, just do it!

Bottom line: You will find good food and good drink and good fun at Sam Ryan's. If you look around, and open up, you will find friends and fun too!

1  Thank Kendal W
Reviewed 9 July 2015

One of my favourite spots in Korea, without question!

It serves as more of a restaurant during the day and more as a bar later at night. A varied and well-priced menu offers a lot of options, as does a fully-stocked bar with at least 10 beers on tap at any time.

A warm, friendly and congenial atmosphere makes this place a recurrent venue for many of Suwons expat community.

3  Thank Stephan M
Reviewed 31 December 2014

I have spent alot of time in Korea the last 4 months and been to this establishment several times. I believe based on input from some of my co-workers that the quality has declined since "Boston" the old manager left. The food is ok and as with most bars/pubs in Korea imported beer especially the good kind can be pricey. That being said. The wings aren't too bad and the pizza is better than most places in Korea. It's a fun place and you are likely to see alot of English speaking people there. They have darts you can borrow to play and the overall atmosphere is ok.

2  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 27 November 2014

After reading good reviews, (this place is highly rated on Trip Advisor), I decided to give "Sam Ryans" a try for dinner but sadly it was a major disappointment across the board. Let me explain:

Firstly - I was expecting a bit of a lively atmosphere, when I arrived on a Thursday night at around 8pm I was one of only 4 people in the place!?! When I left about an hour later a few more had arrived but it was still almost empty and ranked a 1 on a scale of 10 for atmosphere.

Secondly - Thursday's "Rib Night" that so many reviews mentioned is no more. Thursday is now 'Burger Night' and there is no Rib Night at all.

Thirdly - I ordered a starter and a main and both came out together. Now any waiter or kitchen staff with any experience (or common sense) would know that no one wants their main with their starter, unless they request it specially. When I asked the waiter (Bobby) to take my burger back so it didn't get cold whilst I ate my starter he looked at me like I was stupid!

Fourthly - After I ordered my burger someone from the kitchen (but not my waiter Bobby) came out and asked if I wanted lettuce, tomato and onion in my burger... I said "Yes Please". When my burger came out it was naked, not even with cheese on it and I ordered a Cheese Burger!?!

Fifthly - The Food. I ordered 'Chicken Tenders' for starter (KW9,000) which were strips of thin chicken coated in a light crumb and deep fried. As a result it was like eating shoe leather, so not 'tender' at all. For my main I order a 'Cheese Burger' (KW7,000) which was quite frankly worse than a bad Burger King. The bun was soggy, the burger greasy and the cheese was not even on the beef patty, it was on top of the salad and so it had not melted as it should in any great Cheese Burger. I also had a 330ml "Cass" beer (KW4,500) and a 250ml can of "Coke Zero" (KW3,000)... Sad when the best bit of your meal is a small can of Coke Zero!

In short I travel a lot, just look at my reviews, and I've lived in Asia as well as the USA, so I know a good Sports Bar and a good Burger and Sam Ryan's does not come anywhere close to even being Average. I'm amazed at how wrong the Trip Advisor rating is on this Bar / Restaurant? Normally if Trip Advisor says it's great it normally is, but not in this case... My advice is: Don't Go!

7  Thank Roberts69