“Italian-American Comfort Food!”

Detroit Beach Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 142 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 7 August 2016

My husband is originally from Monroe. We now live in Hawaii. Whenever we visit family and friends in Monroe, Detroit Beach Pizzeria (Conti's) is a must. We love the perch, frog legs, gnocchi, pasta fagioli soup, and spaghetti. This is not where you go for a socalled authentic Italian food experience. This is where you go for a family, homemade comfort food experience. I noticed that another reviewer didn't care for the lasagna. I felt the lasagna had a very homemade feel. I enjoyed it. How many lasagnas have hard-boiled eggs in it?

The spaghetti is not like any other spaghetti I have ever had. The sauce has a creaminess to it. And we love it! Eating at Conti's is like eating at Grandma's house, where the food is yummy and comforting. Ironically, I have eaten very little pizza here. Love the thin, crispy crust, but it is the soup, perch, frog legs and spaghetti I love the best.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Best pizza ever, should be declared a National Landmark. When I leave Monroe this will be the reason I return. Don't let the outside appearance fool you. Everything on the menu is great.

1  Thank Bruce P
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Nothing fancy at this little pizzeria. But the food is delicious!! Most places buy gnocchi and serve it. Here they make it themselves and,wow, you can tell the difference! Also love their pizza which has a crisp crust. The chef came out and talked to us, which made the experience even better! He verified they make their own gnocchi. Seating is a bit tight. Closed on Mondays. Very affordable. I saw a lot of people coming in for carry out. Wonderful gem in Monroe. Close to expressway and hotels.

1  Thank UK_RN1
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Trip Advisor listed this restaurant as open to 10:30 pm on Sunday night (actually closed at 9pm) We were traveling late and chose it because of how late they would be open. When we arrived at 9 pm, their were people coming out of the restaurant. We walked in and the lady at the register looked at us as if we had too heads! I asked if they were closed and she angrily shook her head yes! No verbal 'yes' or a 'I'm sorry', just plain RUDE!!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

We like to take our grandchildren here when they accompany us to church for pizza and gnocchi the food is always good and service from Mary is fantastic always very friendly and plays with our grandchildren this is how I remember the pizzeria from when I was younger great experience beats the chain pizza places every time

1  Thank David R

Been to Detroit Beach Restaurant? Share your experiences!