All reviewsgas fireplaceafternoon cookiesevening dessertb and bjacuzzi tubheated marble floorslovely victorianmackinac islandprivate entrancewithin walking distancecoat of paintann mariefresh fruitsheplers ferrylovely roombay viewlarge bathroom
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed for one night in room 301 --- King size suite. Lovely room despite the several flights of steep stairs with two very bad knees. Worth the climb. My one criticism on the room might be to ditch the flowered bedspread and colored blanket even though the print matches the sofa, wallpaper, etc. It looks old and dingy. I'd go for all white sheets, duvet, etc. It would give the room a fresher updated look. Never-the-less a large room but would not recommend for really tall people as the attic ceilings would make it difficult to maneuver during the night without hitting your head. We also enjoyed the gas fireplace as we stayed in the middle of October when it was quite chilly. Dessert in the evening was lovely. We sat by the fireplace and were served coffee and a really yummy cheesecake. Breakfast the next morning was also delightful. Both my husband and I agreed that we will be staying here again as we make several trips to the area every year.

Room Tip: Upper floor for a view of the lake; otherwise, to avoid the steep stairs in this old house request the main floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank harlkdusty
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived in the afternoon and met Debbie. She had me sign in and gave me the key to 302. I had to ask where to go and she told me to find the stairwell out side. No people skills and not what I have experienced in other B&B's around the country. So we climbed 30 some stairs up to get to a musty smelling room that was hot. We turned on the air conditioner and sat down. Tried to connect to the free internet. No luck even finding a network so down I went again. I questioned why there was no network for the 3rd floor room 302 and was told that they never had a problem before. That is a lie!! I could get on their network on the first and second floors just fine. By the way I had to ask for their password. Debbie didn't had out any information at all.

The pictures on line look great. But this place needs a makeover outside. The paint is pealing off the wood outside and the door screen is ripped. For what they are charging I expected a lot more.

I hope tomorrow's breakfast goes well or this place is a total bust!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 19 September 2017

A B and B truly in need of an update. Back of the property is very run down. The entire property needs to be refurbished. I could tell the property wasn't a priority to the owners-TV's with a VHS and a tube type, entrance to the property screens all coming off, painting needed everywhere. Not worth the money. Maybe a little fabric softener for the towels.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rcorbett1
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We arrived quite early and were treated be Debbie she explained the check in time was 3pm and tat the were full the previous night (rather irrelevant). My husband was not feeling well. We went to lunch and I took a Ferry to the Island. We thought "Debbie" might let him check in after lunch. Evidentially she has no flexibility in her rule.
At that point we were ready to walk but NO refunds are given prior to 10 days of booking date.
So much for trying to find a friendly B&B . We have stayed at places for half the price that were more welcoming.
Debbie you should not be employed in a service business

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Betty B
Reviewed 2 September 2017

As others have mentioned, the location is terrific. Just a block off the main commercial area, walking distance to the Mackinaw Pier for tours, fishing boats, and ferries out to Mackinaw Island, the hotel is centered right where the action is, but is still quiet and comfortable.

Our room had, as others described, a small sitting area, w/ tv, wet sink, small fridge and a niche for hanging jackets etc. The bedroom had a king bed w/ nightstands on both sides as well as a gas fireplace. besides furniture, the room was a bit small, but still was comfortable. The bath was quite large, featuring a corner style jacuzzi tub for two (if you don't mind being close to each other). Grab bars were placed all around the tub, toilet and made getting in and out easy and safe.

Breakfast in the mornings always featured fresh fruit, fresh juice, and several varieties of coffee. One morning we had french toast on top of peach compote, the second morning we had double rolled omelets w/ veggies and meats. Both mornings we had some kind of sausage w/ the meal.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. Staff were both helpful and pleasant. Should we come back to the area, we would consider staying there again. But, there are lots of options in Mackinaw City. Prices vary, as do the amenities offered, so be sure to check the listings to make certain you get the accommodations that best meet your needs. Our room for example, might not be suitable for a family w/ children.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple