All reviews gas fireplace afternoon cookies evening dessert b and b jacuzzi tub heated marble floors lovely victorian mackinac island private entrance within walking distance coat of paint ann marie fresh fruit lovely room sheplers ferry bay view large bathroom
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived in the afternoon and met Debbie. She had me sign in and gave me the key to 302. I had to ask where to go and she told me to find the stairwell out side. No people skills and not what I have experienced in other B&B's around the country. So we climbed 30 some stairs up to get to a musty smelling room that was hot. We turned on the air conditioner and sat down. Tried to connect to the free internet. No luck even finding a network so down I went again. I questioned why there was no network for the 3rd floor room 302 and was told that they never had a problem before. That is a lie!! I could get on their network on the first and second floors just fine. By the way I had to ask for their password. Debbie didn't had out any information at all.

The pictures on line look great. But this place needs a makeover outside. The paint is pealing off the wood outside and the door screen is ripped. For what they are charging I expected a lot more.

I hope tomorrow's breakfast goes well or this place is a total bust!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 19 September 2017

A B and B truly in need of an update. Back of the property is very run down. The entire property needs to be refurbished. I could tell the property wasn't a priority to the owners-TV's with a VHS and a tube type, entrance to the property screens all coming off, painting needed everywhere. Not worth the money. Maybe a little fabric softener for the towels.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rcorbett1
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We arrived quite early and were treated be Debbie she explained the check in time was 3pm and tat the were full the previous night (rather irrelevant). My husband was not feeling well. We went to lunch and I took a Ferry to the Island. We thought "Debbie" might let him check in after lunch. Evidentially she has no flexibility in her rule.
At that point we were ready to walk but NO refunds are given prior to 10 days of booking date.
So much for trying to find a friendly B&B . We have stayed at places for half the price that were more welcoming.
Debbie you should not be employed in a service business

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Betty B
Reviewed 2 September 2017

As others have mentioned, the location is terrific. Just a block off the main commercial area, walking distance to the Mackinaw Pier for tours, fishing boats, and ferries out to Mackinaw Island, the hotel is centered right where the action is, but is still quiet and comfortable.

Our room had, as others described, a small sitting area, w/ tv, wet sink, small fridge and a niche for hanging jackets etc. The bedroom had a king bed w/ nightstands on both sides as well as a gas fireplace. besides furniture, the room was a bit small, but still was comfortable. The bath was quite large, featuring a corner style jacuzzi tub for two (if you don't mind being close to each other). Grab bars were placed all around the tub, toilet and made getting in and out easy and safe.

Breakfast in the mornings always featured fresh fruit, fresh juice, and several varieties of coffee. One morning we had french toast on top of peach compote, the second morning we had double rolled omelets w/ veggies and meats. Both mornings we had some kind of sausage w/ the meal.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. Staff were both helpful and pleasant. Should we come back to the area, we would consider staying there again. But, there are lots of options in Mackinaw City. Prices vary, as do the amenities offered, so be sure to check the listings to make certain you get the accommodations that best meet your needs. Our room for example, might not be suitable for a family w/ children.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This inn has seen better days! Let me just say... to charge the prices they charge I feel i should want for nothing. First, we had 4 people in our party, so there was a $120 upcharge. When we arrived, the sofabed was pulled out and made with no pillows. There wasn't enough towels and washcloths for everyone in the group. I went down to tell innkeeper and I was told to wait to take them back up to the room. What happened to service? The bed in room 302 needs to be thrown in the garbage. Hard as a rock and a squeak with every turn. Cobwebs all over ceiling and the ceiling fans look like they haven't been dusted for quite some time. Spots on ceiling that missed the paint brush. I took a shower in the morning to dry off with a towel that was just like sandpaper with holes in it. Went down to breakfast to be brought things one at a time. Never checked back to see if anything was needed. Went out and returned around 3:30 to find our room not even made up. A little while later a knock at the door, was the housekeeper. I told her we didn't need service as we were there resting. I just asked her for towels and washcloths. I told her we had 4 in the room and she brought back 4 towels and 2 washcloths. Were we supposed to share when I had to pay extra for extra people sharing my room? The next morning was more of the same service. Not warm and welcoming. I have stayed at many b&b's all over the country and this one lacked in many ways. Too expensive for what you get. Breakfast mediocre at best and the room not taken care of. Many areas the need cosmetic work. I feel overcharged and shortchanged. Will not be going back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family