Brigadoon Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
See available hotels
Welcome Inn(Mackinaw City)
Lamplighter Motel(Mackinaw City)
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)
View Hotel
All reviewsgas fireplacejacuzzi tubsitting roomb and bafternoon cookiesevening dessertheated marble floorsgourmet breakfastlovely victorianmackinac islandfresh fruitsheplers ferrylovely roombay viewchippewa roomlarge bathroomnice furniture
Reviewed 19 September 2017

A B and B truly in need of an update. Back of the property is very run down. The entire property needs to be refurbished. I could tell the property wasn't a priority to the owners-TV's with a VHS and a tube type, entrance to the property screens all coming off, painting needed everywhere. Not worth the money. Maybe a little fabric softener for the towels.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rcorbett1
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We arrived quite early and were treated be Debbie she explained the check in time was 3pm and tat the were full the previous night (rather irrelevant). My husband was not feeling well. We went to lunch and I took a Ferry to the Island. We thought "Debbie" might let him check in after lunch. Evidentially she has no flexibility in her rule.
At that point we were ready to walk but NO refunds are given prior to 10 days of booking date.
So much for trying to find a friendly B&B . We have stayed at places for half the price that were more welcoming.
Debbie you should not be employed in a service business

Room Tip: Look else where
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Betty B
Reviewed 2 September 2017

As others have mentioned, the location is terrific. Just a block off the main commercial area, walking distance to the Mackinaw Pier for tours, fishing boats, and ferries out to Mackinaw Island, the hotel is centered right where the action is, but is still quiet and comfortable.

Our room had, as others described, a small sitting area, w/ tv, wet sink, small fridge and a niche for hanging jackets etc. The bedroom had a king bed w/ nightstands on both sides as well as a gas fireplace. besides furniture, the room was a bit small, but still was comfortable. The bath was quite large, featuring a corner style jacuzzi tub for two (if you don't mind being close to each other). Grab bars were placed all around the tub, toilet and made getting in and out easy and safe.

Breakfast in the mornings always featured fresh fruit, fresh juice, and several varieties of coffee. One morning we had french toast on top of peach compote, the second morning we had double rolled omelets w/ veggies and meats. Both mornings we had some kind of sausage w/ the meal.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. Staff were both helpful and pleasant. Should we come back to the area, we would consider staying there again. But, there are lots of options in Mackinaw City. Prices vary, as do the amenities offered, so be sure to check the listings to make certain you get the accommodations that best meet your needs. Our room for example, might not be suitable for a family w/ children.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This inn has seen better days! Let me just say... to charge the prices they charge I feel i should want for nothing. First, we had 4 people in our party, so there was a $120 upcharge. When we arrived, the sofabed was pulled out and made with no pillows. There wasn't enough towels and washcloths for everyone in the group. I went down to tell innkeeper and I was told to wait to take them back up to the room. What happened to service? The bed in room 302 needs to be thrown in the garbage. Hard as a rock and a squeak with every turn. Cobwebs all over ceiling and the ceiling fans look like they haven't been dusted for quite some time. Spots on ceiling that missed the paint brush. I took a shower in the morning to dry off with a towel that was just like sandpaper with holes in it. Went down to breakfast to be brought things one at a time. Never checked back to see if anything was needed. Went out and returned around 3:30 to find our room not even made up. A little while later a knock at the door, was the housekeeper. I told her we didn't need service as we were there resting. I just asked her for towels and washcloths. I told her we had 4 in the room and she brought back 4 towels and 2 washcloths. Were we supposed to share when I had to pay extra for extra people sharing my room? The next morning was more of the same service. Not warm and welcoming. I have stayed at many b&b's all over the country and this one lacked in many ways. Too expensive for what you get. Breakfast mediocre at best and the room not taken care of. Many areas the need cosmetic work. I feel overcharged and shortchanged. Will not be going back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pbp05
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed in two different rooms, both very charming. All rooms have quaint sitting areas, large jetted tubs, heated marble floors in the bath, and fireplaces. Outstanding breakfast that they serve you. Easy walk to downtown Mackinaw City. It was fun to see tourists taking photos of "our" B&B.

Room Tip: No elevator, good first floor rooms for non-stairs preference, but second and third floors have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple