“Elegant meals in a lovely atmosphere ”

The Lighthouse Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 56 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Closed for the season. Re-open the Spring of 2017
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful interior, a live lobster tank when you walk in. Walls of natural wood in a checkerboard pattern, stacked stone pillars and walls, attractive copper ceiling tiles. There is a full bar and daily buffet. The servers were very friendly and helpful. The menu includes appetizers, salads and entrees from the farm and from the sea, both fresh and saltwater. I indulged myself and had the lobster. While they did not have fresh lobsters that day, they did offer me two fresh tails instead. They were grilled to perfection and beautifully presented. They were served with spaghetti squash, baked potato, a salad and bread basket. It was very good.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

The food and service was just okay considering the prices. Nice atmosphere and close to hotel. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated and then another 15 or 20 to order they were serving a large bus tour.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Great service! Very expensive! Food elaborate and not that great! Can take care of food allergies! Seafood took quite a while!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We had a very friendly and nice waitress named Jody. She served us last year and we asked for her again this year. She was very personable and gave us great service. She anticipated our needs and was very prompt. Highly recommend her. She brings me the crab legs straight from the pot. Nice and hot!

1  Thank paiyeeshah
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I'd read some reviews of The Lighthouse Restaurant, many of which commented on the high prices. But, it was close to our hotel, and we decided to give it a chance. It is a beautiful place, and we and one other couple were the only patrons there, at about 5:30 on a Thursday. Two other couples came in, took a look at the menu, and left. It definitely must have been too pricy for them.

Great Lakes Whitefish is a specialty of this restaurant. We both had the Stuffed Whitefish, accompanied by a baked potato, spaghetti squash and some fancy carved carrots, radishes and cucumbers. The whitefish was on the dry side, with a little too much seasoning for my taste. I found the stuffing, which was spread on top of the fish, to be mostly breading, and it didn't taste much like crab or shrimp. Spaghetti squash seemed to be a strange side dish, but it was tasty. The baked potatoes were much smaller than we usually get in restaurants. It had the texture of ones that I fix in the microwave when I'm in a hurry.

The menu is varied, with a lot of choices. The prices were on the high side, but they do give you a large amount of food. I just wish I'd enjoyed my selections more. I doubt that we'd return to this restaurant if in the area again.