All reviews loved the water park waterpark area star line ferry lake huron lakeview ferries
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE WITH KIDS! After checking into our hotel room and returning from dinner, we were greeted by a swarm of flying aunts! As you can see by the pictures below, they were crawling all over our bed, pillows, walls, counters, and luggage. After speaking with the management they would not offer us a refund and their only solution was to give us a can of bug spray..... So I'm suppose to spray the bed and my luggage I'm going to wear and sleep on with chemicals?!!! I think not!! We left immediately without a refund. Our room number was 5301. In addition to this, the pool room stairwell had temperatures in excess of 100 degrees and so much humidity the drywall paper was peeling off the walls. I can only imagine the possible mold growing in the walls! This hotel puts money OVER the sanitary living conditions of their guests. Please if you have kids especially, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! I will never visit mackinaw city again after this incident.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank brandon v
Reviewed 27 June 2016

check in front desk was very polite and informative, our room was clean and nice, loved our lake view. breakfast was good both days of our stay ,breakfast area was clean and there was plenty of food for the guest to enjoy. I had two grandchildren with me they had a blast at the indoor water park, water park was clean, there is no lifeguard on duty but they had a nice young man working all three days we were there, he was keeping things picked up and reminding some of the children of the rules when needed. we had a very pleasant stay and plan to go back.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We stayed at the hotel that shares the parking lot and breakfast area with the Crown Choice. When we couldn't do an early check in to our hotel we asked about using the breakfast room for our lunch picnic because the bugs were terrible. The Econo Lodge sent us to the Crown Choice because they have no lobby for us to eat in and share the breakfast room. The gentleman at the front desk of Crown Choice took one look at my family and said, "Its off limits." When we went to breakfast the next morning its a common open space...there is no way it could have been off limits as others use it to go to their rooms. Also the common game room and exercise room for both hotels was adjacent to the breakfast room. Had we not asked we could have snuck in and no one would have known. Breakfast the next morning was not much better the one woman working had a hard time keeping up and cleaning. At 8am the biscuits and gravy were cold. Also by 9:30am it was a mess and there was no hot food left-aside from waffles. No donut choices either. Breakfast was supposed to go to 10am and there were many families left to eat. The waterpark and breakfast are going to draw families-expect to need to meet their needs. If you are going to partner with other hotels those families should be treated with the same regard as the ones in your own building.

Date of stay: May 2016
2  Thank sunnyamylynn
Reviewed 11 April 2016

If there was a way to give this hotel less than one star I would. It was that bad. We got there to find that our reservation was "lost" even though I booked it a week before. To add, we slipped all over the ice that consumed any walking path that was even considered. Our room was on the ground floor and in order to get anywhere in the hotel we were forced to walk outside, in the snow, to get anywhere. This includes the "new indoor waterpark", and let me tell you, this waterpark was anything but new. I would consider it to be the least hygienic pool/water area I have ever encountered. The staff was not helpful and friendly would be an overstatement.

Online it states that there is a 25' breakfast bar but what they fail to tell you is that the breakfast bar, that was sub par, is at a hotel down the road and in order to get there you have to take your happy self out into the elements to eat a breakfast.

The game room is unimpressive and the workout room is not even worth mentioning. As for the vending/ice machines.... There was one working ice machine that I could find and the only vending machine was out of order. the pop machines were either sold out or had little to choose from. I believe there was 2 diet mountain dews, some rockstar, and water.

Now, lets talk about this "water park". As soon as I walked in my body and eyes began to burn. This is still ongoing today, the day after.There is no amount of lotion I can apply to sooth my skin. The play area was dirty and you could tell that they spend minimal time keeping it up to any standards. The water in the pool was green.. so much so that I was unable to see my feet at the bottom. The towels were tiny and did little to dry us off. Over all bad experience there.

Next on the agenda, icy sidewalks and staff unwilling to help. My niece feel twice and my nephew fell once. We alerted the staff at the front desk of our worries to be told that our concerns would be expressed to the manager.... Monday. Plenty of time for someone to fall and break a hip. It just showed how little they cared about the well being of their guests. I understand that it was "off season" but come on.... close down if you aren't willing to keep your guests safe.

As you can see, my family and I, after spending $232/night for a room that isn't even worth mentioning, are very disappointed in the experience that we had. We will never come back nor recommend it to anyone. They need to do some serious work, not only on the hotel itself but maybe on their staff.

Room tip: The suits with a queen a king and a pullout couch is the best option if you are going to be paying ridiculous prices anyway.
Date of stay: April 2016
2  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel is worn and not in great shape. They upgraded our room for a nominal amount. We ended up with a 3 room suite, which was amazing with 2 small kids. However it smelled funky, the breakfast was pretty poor quality and the water park wasn't clean.

Date of stay: June 2015