“Nice place”
Review of The Chippewa Room

The Chippewa Room
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Audie's Chippewa Room offers casual, fine dining surrounded by Native American decor and an extensive collection of local artifacts. Chef Nick Jaggi and his family have built a reputation for excellent food and service as well as offering fine wines and hand-crafted cocktails. The menu, created by Culinary Institute of American graduate Chef Nick, offers a variety of seasonal specialties and local fare as well as hand cut steaks, seafood, and ribs. The Chippewa Room has won a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for our wine list and offers over 2 dozen wines by the glass. We open daily at 5 p.m. but are on hand to take your reservation at any time. Our staff is eager to welcome you!
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Got into town on Holliday. Off to the island tomorrow but need dinner tonight. Checked TA and found Chippawa. Was impressed with the dining room decor and the salad bar spoke to me! Lucy waited on my wife and I and was a delight. She was very knowledgeable of the menu and helped in our meal selection. My wife is vegetarian and ordered a vegetable plank that she raved about. For me, that salad bar and a dish of Elk medallions smothered in onions and peppers. A bottle on Michigan Reisling topped it all off. Food was fabulous price was very reasonable and Lucy was a gas. So many places to eat in Mac City but this one is at the top of the list! Tell Lucy we said hi.

Date of visit: October 2018
AudiesRestaurant, General Manager at The Chippewa Room, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear John P,

Thank you so much for sharing your 5 bubble review! It's great to know the Luci started your vacation in the Straits area off on a wonderful note. I will most certainly share your greetings and compliments with her and the rest of our staff. We hope you have a great time on Mackinac Island as well.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

My wife had broiled whitefish and I had a bucket of ribs. They were both outstanding. We ordered a glass of wine. Price was good and the wine was excellent. Sides were delicious. The wait staff was outstanding, courteous, and professional. I would go back next time I visit Mackinaw Island.

Date of visit: October 2018
AudiesRestaurant, General Manager at The Chippewa Room, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear George C,

Thanks so much for posting! We appreciate your 5 bubble review. I wonder if it may have been intended for The Chippewa Hotel on Mackinac Island? We do have great whitefish & BBQ ribs at The Chippewa Room at Audie's in Mackinaw City, as well. Hope you had a great time up north.

Best,

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I pass by and never knew this restaurant was even here. I my choice for dinner the filet was excellent and service was outstanding.

Date of visit: October 2018
AudiesRestaurant, General Manager at The Chippewa Room, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Potterdenise,

We are so glad you found us! It's great to know how much you enjoyed your experience in The Chippewa Room. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I'm just going to say we've lived up here all our lives and out of all the restaurants in the area? This is the one we choose for any special occasion or family gathering. It's classy, it's a fair price for the selection on the menu and the atmosphere, it's a great place to go. The seafood is good (I love crab!) the elk medallions are another favorite of mine. I have yet to hear of anything that isn't really tasty here!

The staff are always, ALWAYS great to us and the food is pretty phenomenal. Jaime was friendly, engaging, and took amazing care of us tonight. I can't recommend this place enough if you're looking for a high-end restaurant in the area.

1  Thank AJdrogynous
AudiesRestaurant, General Manager at The Chippewa Room, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear AJdogyous,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are quite flattered to know how much you enjoy The Chippewa Room. It is truly our goal to always provide thoughtful service and delicious homemade foods to all our guests, every time. We have built our business on building relationships over the years and always look forward to welcoming back familiar faces. I will share your compliments with Jaime. Thank you for recommending us to Trip Advisor readers!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stopped in to eat her for a few reasons. First we were given a discount coupon from our waitress at their sister restaurant (audie's). Second, when we walked through the restaurant we were pleasantly surprised at how elegant it appeared and much more upscale then any other restaurant we had seen. Not many restaurants in Mackinaw City.
Our dining experience was great, our waitress was very sweet and professional. We both loved our meals both very delicious.
I had the planked whitefish my husband had the seafood alfredo.

Dear AorsiFry1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your post. We hope you had a great time on your Michigan road trip! We are so glad that The Chippewa Room exceeded your expectations and we are so glad you gave both our dining concepts a try. Thanks for recommending us to Trip Advisor readers.

Best,