1,118 results
All reviews mackinac island waffles off season ferry dock beautiful view lakefront room pool and hot tub jodi queen sunrise lakeside
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Hamilton Inn is located just south of downtown and just north of Star Line Ferry dock #2. The beach side rooms have an excellent view of Mackinac Island. A very short walk to all of the downtown shopping or a little further to see the Bridge.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms has a great view of Mackinac Island
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Had a reservation for a two night stay. Two days prior or 48 hrs prior, I found myself in the Express Care clinic of my local hospital, with excruciating leg pain. Found out it was my sciatica. I could not sit, stand, walk or lay for any amount of time without being in pain. I called at 11am on Tuesday when I realized I would not be able to make the drive for this trip (6 + hrs). I was told that because they did not have 72 hrs notice, which would have been PRIOR to my unfortunate incident, they would have to charge me for one night's stay. I pleaded with the front desk, then called Customer Service and left several messages for the hotel manager to call me and no one wanted to hear about my demise. They just kept repeating their policy. I would not ever recommend this hotel....EVER. I know damn well they were able to book that room without any issues. I am now out $192 for nothing and now have an Emergency Room bill on top of that and NO vacation to speak of. I am very, very, disappointed all the way around. I even offered to fax them my paperwork from the hospital. Again, they just repeated their policy to me. Feel free to share this experience with anyone thinking of booking a room at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank DonnaSClevelandOH
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I though the suite was extremely reasonably priced, especially for being on a weekend, beachside room with a jacuzzi tub. Super friendly desk and housekeeping staff, beautiful room and view. Definitely stay beachside for extra ambiance. I plan to return soon with my kids!

Room Tip: Definitely book beachside! The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The view of Lake Huron is breathtaking. It is right next to Starline so you are walking distance to get on the ferry to Mackinac Island. We will continue to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I had a very nice stay. I had a court side room and it was very quiet. Loved how they could get you discounted ferry tickets and it was only a short walk to the ferry dock. I didn't use the washer/dryers in the hotel, but it was nice to know they gas them. Breakfast was included from 7-10am and very convenient, but just okay quality wise. The eggs and sausage gravy were a little runny for my taste. If you have the time, you'd be better off getting breakfast on the island. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo