“Fantastic find!”

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Canton, Michigan
“Fantastic find!”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place! First, it's friendly, CLEAN, comfortable, inviting, newer furnishings in room (flat screen tv on wall, new clean carpet). Second, it's NOT a chain, but mom and pop owned and the owners are working at the front desk - not summer help who are not interested in you! The location is awesome - across from the Mackinac Bridge and park. The breakfast is the standard juice/coffee/toast/cereal breakfast bar, but it's enough to fill you up (I love when breakfast is included in a hotel stay). We stayed here on a beautiful fall weekend in October and will definetly be back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our second night in Mackinaw City. The AAA rooms were all taken so our rate was $139.00. We were in room #312, which is a pretty neat room. Off by itself and quiet. The stairway is next to the room but it was pretty quiet. The room was large with two queen beds. No views from the windows. Just the roofs of the building on one side and the parking lot on the other side. We really liked the privacy this room gave you. There is an elevator so you don't have to walk 3 flights of stairs. The room was VERY clean. Tub and sink drained very well. Lots of hot water. The toilet worked good. We thought the beds were a little hard. But not as hard as the beds at the Super 8 a couple doors down where we stayed at the previous night. Continental breakfast is pretty good. There is a very nice park with sidewalks to walk along the beach right across the street. You can walk to a party store, a gift shop, and Mackinaw fort.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
SE, MI
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Made an online reservation in July 2011 for (2) 3-double bed family sized rooms for a busy weekend in SEPTEMBER 16-18, 2011. Got an online confirmation at time of booking and awaited email confirmation... busy busy... I then called Aug 29 2011 and talked with older white gentleman about not having received an email confirmation and wanted to confirm things. He said, "I got doubled booked somehow and don't have 2 of these rooms, but I have one for sure. The other room is awaiting a decision from another person who had not contacted him at that point but he was holding their room." He then offered me, --IF that person decided to take the OTHER room--, a room with 2 king beds instead (and again he had assured me the other 3-bed room was available at that time) for the same price. He had gotten my email wrong-- the first letter was chopped off the beginning (?transcription?) and so that is why I did not received the "first contact to alert me to the situation", mind you my phone number was correct in his database and he never called or left a message about the issue of overbooking. After this conversation I got a confirmation email that stated (copied from email) "May have to substitute one family room with family room with 2 king beds." and the reservation is for (2) 3-bed family rooms with the above note. My group could have worked with this except... during this conversation he asks me, "how many in your group?" I said 4 in each room. He said than you don't NEED a room with 3-beds, and proceeds to investigate who exactly in in my party and then threatens with only 4 people are allowed in each room... now does that make any sense, a room with 3 double beds, a family sized room, only allows for 4 people?? That is not what the booking details say online as of today 9/21/11. I believe he was trying to make me choose another room because he really didn't have enough rooms to begin with but promised. IN addition it is annoying he is questioning my NEED for a larger room, what if we were of exceptional size and couldn't fit 2 people in a bed... So I then call on 9/13/11 to confirm again based on this shoddy first experience and the same man then says I dont have any 3-bed rooms and I thought per our discussion you were ok with (2) 2-king sized bed rooms. I said that is not what your email confirmation (see above) said or what we discussed... he then says well I'm sorry this was a misunderstanding.... I don't think so---not on my part or in the email part!!! He seemed to minimize the confirmation email as if it didn't exist and somewhat pointing the finger at me!!! Frustrating! He did apologize at some points but never offered any other type of solution or remedy as in an equivalent bedroom situation to accomodate my family. I then scrambled 3 days before the event to find accomodations large enough and ended up paying $20 & $30 more per room per night d/t a rate increase and my brother in law flipped out from the cost and ruined the whole weekend for my family, saying I should go yell at the owner. I tried, trust me, I tried. Like squeezing lemonade out of an old lemon, nothing was budging. In retrospect this guy, I'm assuming the owner was not computer savvy and the website had links that malfunctioned after the original incident. It also claims you can modify or cancel a reservation online with a link for which you must provide an "itinerary number" for which was never provided and was not the confirmation # provided in the late email I received in August. He gave it to me over the phone when I questioned him, which annoyed him and he claimed there was no way to modify a reservation on his website (a link there as of 9/21/11). Overall a bad experience and he easily could have rectified the situation with another room arrangement or discount coupon for another stay if there were NO rooms at all. But he didn't. I have no experience on quality of the establishment physically and we obviously did not stay there. :-( Beware of his online booking program...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The Parkside Inn was affordable considering we were looking for a room that had three beds. The same room was $30-40 more at a comparable motel/hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The wireless internet worked well. Continental breakfast was included with the rate. I would recommend the Parkside Inn for anybody that wants an affordable price and a short walk to the bridge.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Awesome view of the bridge walking distance to downtown

• Stayed May 2011