“Great show”

USD 15.00*
and up
Lumberjack Show Tickets
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience World Champion Lumberjacks in a fast paced action packed lumberjack competition, a Mackinaw City MUST SEE! Shows at Jack Pine Lumberjack Shows are approximately an hour long, delivered in a competition format, in which the audience is divided up into two rival logging camps, each camp cheering for their lumberjack. It demostrates the turn of the century skills of the lumberjack including chopping, sawing, axe throwing, cross-cut sawing, speed climbing and logrolling. In addition to the competition, there is also a chain saw carving demonstration. The show educates the audience in the rich history of Michigan's logging past. It is fast paced, up-beat and keeps the audience involved. A fun show for the entire family, children under the age of 5 are free!
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My husband and I went to this show in late July, we had a great time! The MC and the two lumberjacks were all entertaining. I was pleasantly surprised, I wasn't sure what to expect or if us as adults would enjoy it. If we are in the area we'd go again. We had such a good time that if we are in another city with a show we'd check a different one out.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"compete"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My wife saw the sign from the road and wanted to go. I was skeptical. Luckily, she won out.

The show was fun to watch. You could tell that everyone involved was well "rehearsed" and that the show had been thought out in advance. It was more than just demonstrations of lumber-jack techniques. It involves a friendly competition between two "lumberjacks" and they do their best to involve the audience. The kids in my group especially enjoyed this aspect.

I was worried that it would be loud but only a small part in the middle involved a chainsaw. The rest is with axes or climbing/balancing. At the end, the kids were able to pick up pieces of the chopped up trees and get them signed. Both of the lumberjacks we saw, Kyle and Jessie, seemed like nice guys (though I didn't appreciate the way my wife seemed to be admiring them : )

Overall, it was a good time and I'm glad I went. We got there about 5 minutes before it started. I'd recommend getting there earlier to get a seat in the middle section where the view is best, but the view was pretty good from the sides as well (there are some beams that might get in the way of your view from the sides.)

1  Thank Matt R
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I went with my Mom and 10 month old baby. The show is about an hour and we really liked it! It was close to our hotel and the price was decent. The two lumberjacks compete against one another and it is a fun atmosphere because they split the audience up so that they can cheer on a specific lumberjack. I recommend seeing this show if you have the time! If not, make the time because you and your family will enjoy it! Be sure to wear bug spray because there did seem to be quite a few bugs!

1  Thank Traci H
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Came to town for 1 night, wanted do something special before dinner, saw this on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot.
Very happy we did !!!
Good for all ages, lots of fun for the young and very educating for the adults with lots of explanations on how each event in the show evolved.
Would definitely recommend to people having a free night here to go there !