“We'll be back!”

Days Inn Mackinaw City - Lakeview
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Room was very clean. Room looked brand new. I was a little wary as some of the reviews were not good. But it was the only hotel that had a room on the lake as it was a last minute trip. I was very surprized to find a very nice clean room. Staff very friendly. We did not eat the free breakfast buffet as I am not a breakfast person so I can not comment on it. The only fault I would have is that I booked a room with a lake veiw balcony we had that except the balcony was on the first floor. I was expecting at least 2nd floor. So make sure you ask what floor you will be on. We were steps away from the ferry which was wonderful as there is alot of walking to do on the Island. For the money a very good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2011

this hotel is very unclean inside and out- not worth $75 a nite and we were charged $200 a nite- filthy carpet in hall and in room-stains all over the bedspread and we had only 2 hand towels to use. we had an old 19 inch tv as well- wish i had read these reviews before my visit! the staff did nothing when we told them of our issues they had no response or made no attempt to correct anything.

Room Tip: move to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The staff was great & did what they could with what they were given to work with. The management has let the maintenance go & hasn't reinvested anything back into the hotel. Exterior & common areas were dirty. Mold in the room & breakfast area. The breakfast bar was not what is advertised on their site. It is several old cabinets & handmade counters covered with old curtains or sheets. Looked like something a kid would throw together for a last minute yard sale. The layout of hotel is poor also.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our rate was $59 for one night - August 23, 2011. For $59, in Mackinaw City, I got excellent value, a clean, comfortable room with a good breakfast. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the bathroom clean. Decor was very basic, TV doesn't offer a lot, and the pool was cold. Just to sleep, I don't need a view.

I would not stay here for a honeymoon, or if I wanted luxury. For what I needed, a clean comfortable hotel room with a good breakfast - the price for Mackinaw in season was unbeatable!

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

A long walk from anything. The rooms were damp but clean. Opening the windows helped the dampness. At $109 per night, it is one of the cheaper places to stay. So I'd say it's OK for one night but I wouldn't stay here for any other length of time.

• Stayed: August 2011
Parkside Inn - Bridgeside
#17 of 40 in Mackinaw City
0.5 km away
Super 8 Mackinaw City/Beachfront Area

Been to Days Inn Mackinaw City - Lakeview? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Mackinaw City - Lakeview

Address: 825 S Huron Ave, Mackinaw City, MI 49701-9609
Region: United States > Michigan > Cheboygan County > Mackinaw City
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Mackinaw City
Price Range: $99 - $341 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Mackinaw City - Lakeview 2*
Watch the ferry activities in the nearby harbor from your balcony. Enjoy the breezes off the lake and the beautiful sunrises over Lake Huron. Our new indoor pool and spa offers you opportunities to relax. Our Lakeside Restaurant features an in season Breakfast Buffet and Prime Rib, Authentic Mexican Cuisine, Fresh Whitefish Entrees and Hot Grinder Sandwiches along with your favorite cocktails. See You this Summer! April thru November ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Mackinaw City - Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Mackinaw City-Lakeview Hotel Mackinaw City