New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground
Grand Blanc
“Beware!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

BEWARE! They stole my money! I paid by credit card for reservations for the last weekend in June 2011 for the St. Ignace Car Show. I called back in May to cancel my reservation. The man told me that I could reserve for another weekend. I called back and told him I would just come to next years car show 2012. He said that was fine and to just call back with the specific dates, and he would honor the reservation. Today, I called to reserve the dates for this years show and told them my confirmation number. The office manager got on the phone and told me they would NOT honor the reservation and I could NOT have my money back. She said that because of "office filing reasons" she could not carry over from one season to the next. I told her the man I spoke to said he would honor the res. for this year and gave his name and my confirmation number. She said she made the final decision and her answer was no. I know for a fact that the campground was sold out that weekend as it is every year for the car show. They basically took my money and gave me nothing in return and charged someone else for the same campsite too. I will NEVER camp there again! Very rude and totally unacceptable. Liars! Scammers! Thieves! If i could give Zero stars i would.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MoonyBling
Frank R, Owner at Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Our cancellation policies are consistent with nearly all seasonal businesses. They are stated as part of our telephone reservation procedure as well as being stated on our online reservation system. There is no question that everyone working here knows our cancellation policy as everyone on the staff explains it to each person making a reservation (many times a day). The policy is also stated on the reservation confirmation that is sent out with every reservation. We are proud to be a family operated seasonal business with 40% of our customers coming back as return visitors and another 30% come here by word of mouth.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Northville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We have been coming here for 11 years and this is a GREAT campground. We really appreciate how clean this campground is. Everyone is very friendly and we would recommend this campground for everyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

The view here is unmatched. Mackinac Bridge, Mackinac Island. We have been going here for years. The camp has been making sites bigger (it was built in the 1960's when campers and vehicles were more modest) over the past 10 years and now mostly all are good size, some premium sites are 40 x 60." If you only want to spend $12 you can get a supersaver site, but those are small. We spend a few more dollars and get the larger sites near the lake. Love that you can put your fire wherever it works best on your site. They give you a pan to use, or you can use yoru own. This also prevents finding a smelly firepit on your site and probably explains the lack of pesky rodents, skunks and raccons, even though the camp is located in the middle of pristine wilderness. Also love the patrols and quiet hours rules. They post a toll free number you can call for night disturbances. No drunk morons keeping your kids awake all night at this place. They have remodeled their bathrooms and showers and enlarged their park store and have better wifi than I have at home for just $2,00 a day. Everything for tents up to the largest RV's here and beautiful cabins that I want to try this summer! Love the staff, the guests who come here (we see lots of old friends each summer) and just going here to lay on the beach! They have a heated pool though too. Oh yeah, we love the FREE rides (nightly) on the camp firetruck and hayride!

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars extra for an XL site near the lake. If you have a tent or aren't self contain...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Fred R
Northville, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Pros:
Clean restrooms
Nice staff in camp store
Reasonable prices
On the water

Cons:
11 AM check out
Office staff really don't seem to care
Sites are TINY
Too many rules
I have never seen a campground that does not let you have a real fire "fire pans"-come on

With a few minor changes this place could be excellent however as it is it is merely mediocre. Its not bad but with all the rules they enforce it is just nothing special. Next time I will try somewhere else but I would not be totally against staying there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We camped in a travel trailer. Bridgeview sites are packed in like sardines. Shower room is separated by shower curtains and when someone pulls on theirs yours opens. Bathroom far away, so don't expect to be close if at a full hook-up. Firepans are as big as a pizza pan. Gravel and dirt roads very messy when wet. Not my choice when staying in Mackinaw again. Pool not what you think and amenities are not all that. State parks are much nicer.

• Stayed June 2011