“Great wood fired pizza!”

Nonna Lisa's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The service was fast and friendly, in spite of it being a busy holiday weekend. The wood fired pizza was great! I do not care for the taxidermy specimens, which include every kind of animal including a bison and lion, but I would go again and can overlook this!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were in somewhat of a rush to keep on schedule, so we placed our food order immediately with our drink order. Within 10 minutes, we had our food and it was phenomenal! In addition, the service was outstanding!
Heads up... these are GIANT portions and well worth the prices. The absolute best lasagna I have ever had.
Very unique decor also. I will be telling everyone I know about this place! Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The food and wait staff at Nona Lisa's was very good!!!! The food was excellent especially the Chicken Parm. Prices were a little bit pricey for a family.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I generally have a rule that I don't go to an eatery in the last hour of operation because I worked in food service and I just feel it is a courtesy. There's no rule or anything, just a personal opinion. Google stated this location was open until 11pm so we went and when we sat down we realized they actually closed at 10pm that night but Google hadn't been updated. We asked the staff multiple times if they were sure it was OK that we stay and they were very accommodating. We did not get any form of negative vibe or angry looks from any staff and our waiter was extremely nice and attentive.

Yes, the decor is different than the food would lead you to believe, but just go with it. Who says you can't have great Italian in the hunting lodge?

We started with the mozzarella topped bread sticks, they were average. Nothing to write home about but a good starter. My wife had the steak and Gorgonzola Alfredo and loved it. She never eats left overs but she reheated this 2 days later and ate every bit of it. I had the house special Stromboli. It's a monster pizza pocket the size of your head and loaded with toppings. I am a big guy who can pack food away and I got 2 meals and a snack out of it. I also added the house specialty ricotta mix from the calzone...you're welcome.

All in all, the food was great, even having arrived in the last hour of operation and the staff was fantastic. I wish I remembered our waiters name, Anthony maybe, and I know it was pretty dead at that point but that didn't stop him from being very attentive to us.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Ravioli and Lasagna were very good, salad fresh, the bread sticks were fried and a little greasy which was a bit disappointing. A bit pricey, but holiday time in a tourist town is never inexpensive.