All reviews king bed waffles hot tub memorial day sausage breakfast room pull out couch a great place to stay large room other hotels in the area fresh fruit free breakfast clean hotel view of the lake fire pit off season balcony
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Arrived and there was a problem with a reservation we made on Bookings.com. Apparently the reservation did not go through. John who was at the front desk took care of us and gave a suite as we were traveling with our friends. John was very accommodating and since both Bob and I served during the Vietnam war, he thanked us for our service and then talked about his family history serving our country. It was very nice. Morning breakfast was great with eggs, sausage, waffles, etc., etc. Very helpful with other attractions to visit. Wonderful stay just due to the genuine customer service we experienced from the entire staff. Recommend this place very highly.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry O
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We received a great deal on this room! Our room was clean, smelled clean, had a beautiful view of Lake Huron, A/C was on when we got to our room, staff was friendly and very helpful! Continental breakfast was great! I would recommend this hotel to family and friends!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for your stay. The front desk clerks were so nice and accommodating. The room was so clean and smelled amazing. My only wish is that the beach would've had the white lounge chairs you see in the picture. We went and purchased our own chairs to lounge on the beach.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Things started out good but when we returned from dinner at 10pm my kids wanted to get in the pool, they were stopped by the manager who told them that the pool closed at 10pm. They returned to the room and informed me I looked for an (open closed) sign, none was posted. I then preceded to ask the manager why the pool would close so early compared to the other hotels in the city that did post times. Apparently he does not like to be questioned because at this point he became rude and angry. His answer was that due to his insurance the pool cannot be open when he is not there and he had been at the hotel from 8am. Based on his attitude I stated that next time I visit I will find a hotel that keeps the pool open later and has a owner with a better attitude, he replied angrily "that is a petty excuse to find another hotel" and stalked away and out the door. The pool issue was annoying but the poor manager/owner is a reason to never stay there, I have read several other reviews since and the complaints about him are spot on. Will never stay there upon a return trip.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Wish there was a minus rating. Checked into room and although appeared clean there were stains on the wall that were very visible. Next day we were out all day came back to room late afternoon room still not cleaned. Then our air did not work. Was told we could use fans brought us two one did not work. Made my husband stand on chair to feel the vent and made some dumb comment about how the flow was and said someone would look at it tomorrow when we are checking out. Like that helps. He left and we discovered that one of the fans did not work. He did not even offer to plug them in. Called desk no one came. Took the fan down to desk to get another. No discount no offer very small token apology and that seemed difficult. Not friendly not customer focused not ever staying here again. Horrible experience

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family