“Lost its charm”

Ranked #4 of 16 Shopping in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I've been visiting Mackinac Island for decades and this shop was previously one of my wife's new favorites. It had charm and a unique flare that drew us in. I'd say last year was pretty decent, but the products this year have started to lack luster, and I can't reason with the mark-up on them anymore either. When I notice something like that I can only assume the owner is getting too big for their britches and has let greed get the best of them.
There's a noticeable loss of organization-- either constantly being "sold out" of certain items or the employees don't know where it is in the shop. The store is more accessible than in previous years, but don't plan on pushing a stroller or a wheelchair through without breaking something or getting rude looks from the staff. Ultimately this used to be a go-to place for my wife and I, but we probably won't be returning again. Giving a 3 rating instead of 2 because it used to be great.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"island"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Love this store! Such cute and unique gifts. I always find a special souvenir to take home every year:)

1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I like to buy locally made items when looking for souvenirs. The sister shop to Little Luxuries had an abundance! I fell in love with the work of an local watercolor artist and had a VERY difficult time selecting just a few prints. The main shop has some of the best items on the Island, in my opinion. There were some darling bowls that could be personalized with names and dates for people celebrating a Mackinac Island wedding and tons of other really interesting and unusal decorative and practical items. There is a wide variety of nice things for yourself or gifts. If you want quality items that you will actuallly use and enjoy in your home, this is the don't miss this jewel when you shop on the Island.

1  Thank Lyn H
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I visited this store with my family. It was a darling little store. I loved the products, great gift ideas for everyone on your list. Will definitely visit again!

Date of experience: June 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I wish I was in Mackinac more often to stop in here and buy lots of gifts! It is full of beautiful and unique things, even featuring items for those that were Married in Mackinac to have as keepsakes. They have a cute puppy section with treats and other little gifts for those with dogs. We bought some treats to bring home to ours :)

I also checked out the Artist Boutique (a separate shop by the same owners) down the street and bought a necklace as a keepsake of my trip and another gift. All items seemed to be locally made or artisanal, lots of Michigan themed items.

Loved it and would recommend stopping in to either shop!

Date of experience: June 2017