“Quick Saturday night stayover”

Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The Radisson is well-located and convenient to both Lansing, East Lansing, and Michigan State. The staff is friendly and efficient. My room was compact but quiet, clean, and comfortable. I parked in the city garage directly next door and - perhaps because I left on a Sunday - the gates were up and my overnight parking was free. Although I did not have breakfast there this visit, on another visit I did enjoy a good meal. My only observation for improvement : the shower curtain had seen better days and a replacement was in order.

Room Tip: My 10th floor room had a nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kevin R, Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Tess021,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention so that I could share it with housekeeping and get the curtain replaced. We are fortunate to have such a great staff and location and we appreciate your return business.

Cheers,

Kevin R.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a training session and was very pleased with the room, meeting area, and services provided by the hotel. The room was clean and fresh, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels. The staff at the hotel were amazing at meeting all my needs.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Kevin R, Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Z8268QUdawnc,

It's always nice to share great comments like this with the staff. Thank you for allowing us to be your host while you were in for training and I hope you'll be able to return soon. Cheers, Kevin R. Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Kevin R, Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I was stuck in Lansing due to American Airlines. The aircraft had a mechanical problem and my flight was rescheduled to return to Nepal this past Monday. American Airlines did a bang up job in rescheduling my flight and upgraded me to business class. The front desk had me go to this hotel and told me that the hotel bill would be reimbursed. My critique is that knowing that AA and RH could have worked out a comp package, I was placed in a very awkward position as an international student. The front clerk was very insistent that I have a credit card to pay all bills. I explained to several people that we do not use credit cards in Nepal and that I had $2000 cash to pay my way. The clerk was still insistent. The next hurdle was the two different prices for the room: $149.95 and $179.95 and that is not including the bloated room taxes. I will never stay in this hotel again. The bed was comfortable, but the attitude and the pressure to pay by credit card left a very negative impression.

Room Tip: Better have a credit card. I thought having cash would reduce their overhead, guess I was wrong.
1  Thank T B

T B.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us as we can use your comments as a training tool with the staff to improve our customer service. I'd like to apologize for the issues you described and for your unfortunate situation with your flight and AA. We do have varying rates for different days of the week based on demand for those rooms. We are a convenient location to the airport and on occasions such as cancelled flight airlines will send us their distressed passengers. Due to issues outside of your control, American Airlines is not recognized by our hotel with good standing of credit when trying to place distressed passengers at our hotel. I understand your concern regarding providing a credit card and an exception should have been made in your case. I have shared your comments with our team so that others that find themselves in your unfortunate situation are not impacted in the same way.

Sincere apologize,