“A delightful deli!”

Mc Alister's Deli
Ranked #72 of 483 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 4 November 2015

As someone who cannot consume gluten, I normally shy away from delis, however McAlister's has me covered! I love the baked potatoes! They are HUGE! Like 2 meals huge! So yummy! The vegetable soup was warm and savory, excellent for the weather on Halloween.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Food here is almost always delicious. It can be a bit confusing where to stand, and staff could offer suggestions instead of just standing at the registers quiet. Tables outside could be wiped down more often. Kettle chips are fabulous, sandwiches usually large portion, salads usually fresh.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Needed a quick lunch to go on a Sunday. It was not very busy that day. There was no line ahead of me and I expected my sandwich to be done within maybe 10 mins. It actually took almost 1/2 hour to get my sandwich. The sandwich was very good but not really worth the long wait. I would not recommend.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Generous-sized sandwiches offer nice options for lunch. I visited with co-workers while on business in Lansing. We seemed to stop during the prime lunch time. It was very busy and the food delivery to the table seemed a bit slow but not too bad. You order at the counter and they give you a number to post on a holder at your table - then they deliver your food when prepared.

1  Thank Thom P
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Absolute garbage customer service.

I had a large order called in for a client, for whom I was buying lunch. It was called in at 10:15am, and it was noted that I needed it READY at 11:45 am.

At 12:30 it was still not done, as the cooks worked and prepared every other order except mine. I was late for a 12pm meeting and there was no apology from the owner who personally oversees the distribution of pick up orders. They had an hour and a half to prepare and did nothing. And, one of the meals was totally missing.

A few weeks later, the same client asked for lunch from McAlister's. The order, again, was called in at 10:15 with instructions to have it READY TO GO by 11:45. Again, they didn't even start it until about 12:20. The owner apologized and stated that they were so busy that they couldn't properly prioritize the order and had to wait because they couldnt prepare hot stuff in advance. Fine... Don't do it in advance.... Do it on time.

Again, I was late for the meeting. Again, they offered no compensation for the embarrassment, poor service and for inconveniencing 13 people's lunch schedules from a fellow local business.

Even worse, upon taking the food to the client, this time.... THREE of the meals were completely, absolutely MISSING although they were charged and paid for. I felt like I was stolen from.

They got paid but did not provide the food. Horrible.

Not only is McAlister's SLOW, inept at planning and food prep, and dismissive of customer's time, they are unapologetically making no attempt to make customer's happy.

I calmly and politely spoke to the owner about the fact that it had happened two times in a row who said "yep... Sorry about that."

Wow. Thank you... So much for the apology... Considering it happened twice and you were fully paid... McAlister's should be ashamed of themselves.

Skip this place.