“Consistent Quality, Great Staff”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #29 of 505 Restaurants in Lansing
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This is a higher-end chain that has surprisingly good steak. Italian dishes are fresh and tasty at a reasonable price point. This store is well run and some of the best staff I've encountered for this or any other chain.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I have never been to this chain restaurant before even though there is one right by my house. I will never go back to one again. First of all we had a party of 15 and called just under an hour ahead of time for call ahead seating. We didn't get seated for about an hour after an hour. We arrived at 5:30 as per instruction and still waited another hour. The waitress was kind but clueless. She seemed overwhelmed. She took our drink orders. Then, She served the bread first...then brought the olive oil. The plates for the bread were brought to the table after the first round of bread had already been consumed. About 20 minutes later she finally brought the glasses of ice water. When someone from our party inquires about the water she stated that the glasses were filled but she had no place to set the serving tray. Our drink orders hadn't arrived yet and we were all thirsty from the bread. Finally our drink orders arrive and she takes our food orders. At this point, I asked her if it was possible to just get a pitcher of ice water for the table and she said "Oh yeah, great idea. I didn't think about that." So it's another 40 minutes (at this point it's 2 hours that we had been in the restaurant total since arrival) food orders...some of them, finally arrive. I had orders some 1/2 moon shaped chicken ravioli dish with a creamy tomato sauce. It was bland and doused in the sauce. I had 4 pieces of the ravioli and out of all 4 pieces I literally had 1 tiny chunk of chicken. Another member of our party had the same thing and had the same issue. Only 1 person, out of 15 of us, actually enjoyed their dinner. No one that ordered a dish with chicken was happy with the lacking amount of actual chicken served on their dish. I am not a soup or salad eater, so I did not have either of those. Let's just say our party was disappointed and would never come back to any of your facilities. My bill came to $27 ...that is awful expense for a disgusting dish that I was only able to eat a small amount of, that had no taste and next to no chicken, and 1 martini, and for having to give up 2.5+ hours that I can never get back. Overpriced and under delivered. You have a lot of recipe work and staff training to do. I suggest shutting down for 3 days and conducting culinary and waitstaff workshops for your staff.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Carraba's Italian Grill is a favorite of mine. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is always great. The wait staff is well prepared for making recommendations from the menu and are always friendly. I really don't have a favorite dish to recommend, as I have something different each time that I go there and love everything I've ever had there. They also have a nice wine selection. It is conveniently located on West Saginaw in Lansing and has ample parking.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy coming here. It's normally quiet enough for a nice conversation and a tasty dinner. What could be better?

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

We have eaten here a few times this month and like to visit. But, the last few visits the food tasted mediocre. Not made with love. Sometimes the calamari is old or overcooked. My husbands side broccoli was cold with his meal after he was told they were out of garlic mashed potatoes at the dinner hour 630p-700p. The last few times we arrived into the establishment there were waiters at the entrance waiting for tables or chatting. No manager in site or around the dining area.
Disappointed for the last time.