All reviews holiday inn public areas comfortable beds average hotel staff was friendly east lansing coffee maker valencia conference courtyard msu
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Obnoxious is the word that comes to mind when I think of my stay at this Dump. I am flabergasted that they keep this place open while under construction and more, I am astounded they are still open with the inept and rude staff they have. From the management to the hourly staff, it was a complete mess. I have to say that I literally laughed as I did not meet ONE staff member with a full set of teeth or any sense of customer service, even the Assistant General Manager seemed to be incompitant. The restaurant was in such a distugusting state of disrepair that I wouldn't even sit in the chairs as they had stains and the smell was enough to turn me off eating for months to come. And let's not even talk of the pathetic excuse for a room service cart that was wheeled to my room along with food place on dirty trays and under tarnished and stained silver plate coverings. Disgusting is the only thing that comes to mind. WOW!!! To believe that we payed $99.00 a night is incomprehensable. Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Our youth program books the entire hotel three times every year. The hotel has a new owner, and the remodeling is underway. Most impressive are the new crystal chandeliers in the main ballroom, they are gorgeous. The fifth floor is the first floor to be completely remodeled. The new mattresses are as plush as a a 5 star hotel, and the decorating is tasteful and modern. If you book a room at this hotel, request the 5th floor. We are eagerly awaiting the rest of the floors to be completed. The large atrium windows look out into a new garden area with a pond, plantings, and pergola. The front desk staff work extra hard for us while we are there, solving any problems as they arise. We especially appreciate the banquet facilities, and the chef who prepares food for those of us with food allergies. If you have a large conference to house, this hotel has all the space that you will need. I'm giving the hotel an average rating, but they are on their way to becoming much better.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I have been to many hotel's in the last few years and the upgrades and renovations at the Causeway Bay Hotel & Convention Center surprised me the most. I had never heard of this hotel name before and expected to see the same ol' Holiday Inn that I was very unhappy with before, but to my surprise they had renovated quite a bit. I was most impressed with Hummingbird's Restaurant. Their staff treated me like I was at a 5 star restaurant and their food was great! I can not wait til the next time I am in Lansing, MI to stay at the Causeway again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Currently being remolded but this does not excuse many of its short comings.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel for an annual conference for several years. When it was a Holiday Inn, management let if fall apart. Now the Causeway people are trying to renovate (surprising in this economy) and it will take awhile. Our second room floor had new furniture, carpeting, and flat screen TV. The beds were old but comfortable. The bathroom is still ancient and needs better cleaning. As another reviewer stated, the grime is evident in the tub; at least staff should keep it clean until renovated. Rooms also have a small fridge and microwave. The friendly desk clerk said the fifth floor has been completed so I suggest you request that floor if you stay here. It was sold out for the conference. We always feel safe here; hotel is convenient to expressway and getting downtown. A restaurant is onsite, but we didn't eat there as we had meals served in their banquest halls. The food there was good and signs are evident there also that the renovation is ongoing. Did not see their indoor pool or exercise center although a member of our party exercised and said offerings were slim. One computer was located in the lobby for customer use.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business