“Thank you doesn't say enough”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Schuil Coffee & Tea Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Kentwood
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Dear friends,
You are lifesavers. Along with every store on the east side of metro Detroit that carries your coffee. If that sounds like an exaggeration, please hear the story.
For years now, every coffee brand that I historically counted on for my daily coffee pleasure has disappointed. For whatever reason, their product was cheapened to the point of tastelessness. Even the many boutique roasters around here, who should know better, have been overly influenced by the common, modern, unlikeable tendency to burn every bean into charcoal.
I was getting frantic, and more than a little depressed, to face the possibility that maybe global warming had permanently degraded the coffee market. Then I gave you a try and the heavens opened. A lighter, medium roast that tastes like coffee; that tastes the same as coffee has throughout my lifetime.
God bless you. What a treat it must be to live in GR!

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a single packet of coffee that makes a whole pot. I saw one kind with my eyes and accidentally picked up a different one. I noticed my mistake after I'd returned home. But I had time before my event to exchange it. They were busy but let me get in and out with my exchange.
P.S. If you go in early on Monday morning they have a great deal on a cup of coffee.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

My husband and I think that the best time of the day is in the morning when we have our first cup of Schuil Coffee! We order in bulk and have our whole bean Schuil Coffee delivered to our home in North Carolina. If you like to grind your own coffee and have a freezer, I can really recommend ordering one or two (or more) six pound bags. Schuil Coffee will also send you ground coffee if you prefer. The staff is always pleasant and our coffee is shipped, it seems, almost immediately. You can smell that it is freshly roasted the moment you open the box. We usually get Schuil Supreme but also like Kona blends.
I often use Schuil Coffee when I need to send a gift, especially at Christmas. They can make up a custom gift with coffees and teas and other specialty items that they have on hand. Their Holiday flavors are WONDERFUL and alway a hit!! Everyone loves food items at Christmas.
We have been in their charming shoppe on a few occasions when visiting Grand Rapids and it is worth a visit. The vibe is international, intimate and friendly, you will feel like you are enjoying a cup of coffee brewed from beans that just came out of the roaster in the back room. The President of Schuil Coffee will sometimes make herself available to greet her clientele and point out her favorite roasts and coffee blends; its just that kind of a place.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Schuil Coffee is fresh roasted and delicious. Top quality beans are purchased from around the world, and roasted on site. The variety of coffee available in the coffee shop is beyond compare. An extensive selection of flavored coffee is available, as well as a wide variety of decaffeinated and regular blends of superior coffee. My favorites are Schuil Supreme, Sumatra, French Roast, and Caramel Creme decaf. I always have 2 or 3 lb. of Schuil coffee in the house so I won't run out! If you live out of town, check the website where you can purchase coffee to be shipped anywhere! My son in Virginia purchases his favorite in a 6 lb. bag and keeps it in the freezer. Try Schuil Coffee and you will become a regular customer!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Wouldn't miss this I place on my visits to the Grand Rapids area. The coffee is fresh roasted right on the site! The aroma as you enter the shoppe draws you in. Where can you go to get such fresh roasted beans to purchase, as well as a cup of coffee to enjoy while pursuing the various kinds of coffee and flavors.