“Best coffee in Grand Rapids”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Schuil Coffee & Tea Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Kentwood
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This is our favorite coffee shop in Grand Rapids as they roast their own beans and offer almost every flavor in water process decaf as well as regular. Yummy!!
There are seasonal favorites as well especially Full Moon Mocha only in the Autumn months.
We stop by to replenish our coffee supply a few times a month. They also make yummy lattes & cappuccinos too!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Not only do they have the best variety of coffee they also have the best advice on what coffee to try according to what you are looking for. They, also, keep you informed when your favorite will be in the shop if they happen to be out.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

There are few places in GR that are better if you want candy with your coffee, but if you just want quality coffee, of millions of flavors, at a reasonable price, this is the best in town. Call ahead and they will have it ground for you, quickly and well done. They are very friendly and never complain about anything. I hate coffee, so I would rip on them if I could (I buy it for my wife, in 5 different flavors in both leaded and unleaded), but I have yet to find one thing to be upset about. Believe me, I would go to Ferris, because it is more of a chocolate store than coffee, but Schuil's is better.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Schuil is the best coffee roaster in West Michigan bar none. They have many bean varieties and their own special blends. Coffee can be bought ground or whole bean and they have teas as well. I am particularly fond of the African varieties, but during the holiday seasons they have their Holiday Blend that is extremely popular with their customers. I enjoy the daily specials that they discount and you can sample them for free. They also have a barista to do all the specialty coffee drinks if you are into that sort of thing. You can also buy larger quantities with a six pound bag that is also discounted. If you are a coffee snob like me, skip Starbucks and Bigbies and go to Schuil's!

Reviewed 29 August 2015

I reviewed Schuil's before so this is an update. It is still great. OK, need more? They have an excellent variety of coffees, innumerable favored coffees, both caffeinated and decaf, and they will do their best to cater to your needs. We call ahead to have them grind the coffee for us and, as long as we give them a reasonable time frame (a hour or more), it is always ready. And they still charge just $10/pound. Their only downfall is they don't sell 1,000 different types of chocolates there (thank God, said the chocoholic) like Ferris.