“Great Pho!”

Pho Soc Trang
Ranked #22 of 60 Restaurants in Kentwood
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I frequent this establishment a few times a month. Very fresh and flavorful meal. Great service! A must stop when in GR area!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I usually don't like Vietnamese food but liked this place. I ordered the #78 which consists of shrimp, squid, beef, pork and mix vegetables. The noodles were especially good - they were crisp and had a good texture to them. As a bonus, they give you top of the line chop sticks. Also ordered the Strawberry smoothie was was good. Pricing is good but the service needs improvement. Our waitress could have been more pleasant and should learn how to smile.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

The restaurant is next to an older and unattractive building on Division between 36th and 44th in the heart of the Asian community. It is a small family business and the lady who takes orders is super efficient. It's a quick lunch spot. If you are there to be waited on for a fancy service during lunch time, this is not a place for that. Most of the customers are regulars so as soon as they walk in with an eye contact with the lady and an order is placed. There are popular dishes that are reasonably priced like variation of beef pho. They have the best pho in West Michigan in my opinion. The broth is rich and flavorful and adding a plateful of Thai basil, bean sprouts and lime juice. It's truly a comfort food.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

How can anybody give this places even a 2 star rating.Possibly the worst noodles and food that we have ever eaten.We ordered two bowls of noodles,lemonade and a dumbling.They charged us $26 and for what?A disgusting bunch of junk!!!!The service was terrible and the spoons were dirty.They didn't even check our table to see if we needed anything like more water or whatever.So when i went to pay the bill the unfriendly lady at the register said "you no leave tip"?I replied "no".Why should i leave a tip for terrible service.My thought is that these people are a bunch greedy cheap hustlers.I did give them the benefit of the doubt based on last time.Unfortunately i made the same mistake twice but i wont make it again.This place is history!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This place looks like a dive and has limited seating. But if you want authentic Vietnamese food, eat here. Nothing else in the area compares. Well known for their noodle bowls. I like the vegetarian noodle bowl.