All reviews motor court bed was comfortable vintage keweenaw owner
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Loved this place! Adorable, clean and affordable. The owner was very sweet and accommodating. I have honestly never slept so good. It was a nice central location as well. Yes it could use a coat of paint and minor updates but do not let that deter you! I am hoping to return before winter!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mskatiewright
Jennifer R, Owner at Vic's Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

I am so glad that you had a great stay and slept well!! Thank you for the compliments. We strive to stay affordable, clean and comfy. We are working diligently on the painting and some other projects. When you are here the next time, please come in and let me know some of your ideas on other updates, I love the feedback from my customers!! Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

We arrived and as the owner stated the key was under the mat waiting for us. She told us she might not be there to greet us. The cabin was clean and comfortable. I liked the little kitchenette nothing special just nice to have. The outside could have used a paint job but it in no way affected our stay. Staff was very pleasant It was a nice central location for what my wife and I wanted to do I think the price was reasonable too

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hohew
Jennifer R, Owner at Vic's Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us at Vic's Cabins. As new owners, we appreciate all of the feedback!! The painting is a work in progress, we have completed 3 out of the 8 buildings since taking over last summer. We are hopeful to have the rest completed by the end of the season this year. Thank you again and please feel free to e-mail me if you have anything else that you think would be helpful to us as we are updating! rooseproperties@gmail.com

Reviewed 27 June 2016

A grandsons wedding brought 2 families to stay in cabin 5 and 6 it was a comfortable and both well equipped cabins. We come to the UP at least twice per summer and Vic's is a fav of ours! WE can't wait to begin our next trip.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie K
Jennifer R, Owner at Vic's Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Glad to have all of you!!! See you again Soon!!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

This was our 1st time staying at Vic's , we are regular visitors to the keweenaw and decided to stay here. This is an excellent place to stay . We stayed here for a recent family reunion and had several groups with us each of needing our own cabin.

Pros: quiet, no proprietor, house keeping underfoot all the time- if you need something you can visit the office, excellent price, CLEAN, comfortable beds, effenicney kitchens, Pets are welcome, so close to the hut restaurant you could walk, picnic/ grilling area. Cable tv and wifi in cabin, fans in the rooms- no a/c but who needs a/c in the u.p.- close parking, close to area attractions, many historic calumet land marks and buildings, close to area mines including the abandoned cliff mine and the popular Quincy mine. Only about 30 minutes from copper harbor.

What I'd like to see the next visit: extra trash bags in room since we had a group we would all eat as a group in the bigger cabins and the trash filled up. Our cabin was missing the wifi password place card and the tv channel line up card. Microwaveable dishes.- some cabins have gas and some cabins have electric stove tops but all have microwaves. An extra blanket available for those chilly nights.

What travelers need to remember when visiting : these are nicely redone cabins from a 1950s roadside motor lodge. Each cabin is different, yet still has the basic necessities. Although updated ,The Windows and electric outlets still reflect that. Windows are high up yet open downward like the charming cabins of the 50s. Packing a 3 prong to 2 prong converter end ( available at most hardware stores for under a $1 ) will ease a lot of your frustration with plugs and various items you will need to plug in.

Room Tip: Double bed suites are bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Penny D

Thank you for staying with us at Vic's Cabins while you were here for your reunion!! I also appreciate the feedback, we have added more garbage bags in the bottoms of the cans and have put the cards in the cabins also. I think I will put a few of the 3 prong to 2 prong adapaters in each cabin also. Thank you again for staying with us, hope to see you in the future!!

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed here August 2015, my wife and myself came up for some hiking and to visit with daughter and new grandson. Wasn't sure what to expect, but always up for something new.
It's a very unique experience staying at a motor Inn, right out of the fifties. Very clean,very.... inexpensive and we had a blast, cooked a breakfast or two and enjoyed a really good storm one night with the wind howling. Definitely be back....

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Dale a
Jennifer R, Owner at Vic's Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

We are glad you had a great stay and Welcome your next visit!!!