“convienent - reasonable - great staff - nice room”

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 19 July 2017

DH and I stayed here for a week while attending a family reunion. comfortable, we had a room overlooking the back courtyard, fantastic!! much better view than the front parking lot. Kitchen was handy for days when we didn't want to go out and eat ... however, the knives need to be replaced badly (ultra-dull, we tried to cut a watermelon and the knife was so dull, it slipped on the skin and I sliced my palm open). Took 8 stitches at the ER to sew it together. Great evening social hour M-W evenings ... another great way to reduce meal expenses. Full breakfast buffet every day, everyday was a bit different. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best point, free laundry!! Just need your room key to access.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I am baffled that anyone gave this hotel a good rating. My experience over 3 night stay has been terrible.

The bed is hard with very cheap super thin blanket. I asked the front desk if I could get an extra blanket and they argued there was one in my closet (there wasn't). I came downstairs to get an extra blanket from the front desk (they won't bring one to me) and it's super thin too...like a duvet cover. I had to laugh but 2 thin blankets are better than one right? The next day though, housekeeping had taken that blanket out of my room. I once again had to go downstairs for another blanket. No one at the front desk. Lights turned off downstairs. Hello? Is anyone here? Finally someone shows up and I get another blanket. The next day I come back to my room and that extra blanket housekeeping has thrown on the floor. Not slid off the bed...no it's in a pile on the floor several feet away from the bed. Why??? Once again it's up to me to go get another blanket from downstairs. Is this a hotel or a hostel? Ridiculous.

Also, a light in the room flickers. There's stains on the carpet, the faucet in the bathroom sink leaks onto the counter top when it's turned on. The elevators reek of cigarette smoke not once but every day. And to top it off a homeless person was sleeping on the bench outside the hotel this morning. This is honestly hands down the worst hotel I've ever been in, and i travel for work so have seen a lot of hotels. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Hello MDtravel01,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a review about your experience. It is regrettable that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience due to the unsatisfactory quality of beds, blankets, and level of staff service you have received. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I am sorry that our hotel fell below your expectations.

We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We stayed here for an orientation session for Western Michigan University. Check in went smoothly and front desk help was great. We had a king room located on the first floor by an exit. It was super convenient to park right outside our room. In spite of the room location, it was quiet. The room was spacious and included a kitchenette that we didn't have the opportunity to make use of. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The complimentary breakfast had a nice selection of items as well. Loved all the fruit. This should be the first of many visits to Kalamazoo and the WMU campus. We will be back to stay at Staybridge!

Room Tip: Ground level room was very convenient to pack and unpack.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017

As in the case of Holiday Inn Express hotels, Staybridge Suites is a consistent product typically and of excellent quality. Studio suites very nice, spacious and comfortable...very good full buffet breakfast offered...nice courtyard.

Room Tip: Even the rooms by the elevator were good but that always depends on the sort of people staying there...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2017

The room was dirty, it had trash on the floor from the last tenant. It had dried blood on the white comforter (about the size of squished bed bug). The toilet ran excessively. We could smell smoke in the non-smoking room. The lighting in the room was poor.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skiphess
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Hello skiphess,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am disappointed to learn that your stay was not 100% satisfactory due to the condition of the room and the housekeeping services. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our staff. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope you visit us again.

Best Regards,