“Comfortable and reasonable”

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Stayed here two weeks consecutively during the weekdays. Asked for a room on the first floor near an entrance. They put me in the first room inside the west entrance, directly across from the pool entrance. Everything in the room was in good working order. Breakfast was very nice, real plates and metal utensils. Wolfgang Puck Coffee was exceptional. When I returned the second week I was able to secure the same room. Price was considerably less than the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Room 102 is close to the west entrance and pool / hot tub area
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Andrea C, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Dear Rick,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your most resent stay here. We as a team here at the Staybridge are so pleased that we were able to meet your needs with a room on the first floor and that same room was open again for you the following week when you came back to visit us. We like to make our guests feel like they are at home with the real plates, bowls and yes even silverware. We are also please the you loved the coffee we provide for our guests. We all have to have that morning Joe to get us moving in the right direction and get our hearts a pumping!! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and I will also personally share this with my team. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Took my mother there this weekend because of a power outage at her home. I booked a 2 bedroom suite because I wasn't sure how many family members would be coming to stay. Ended up being 4 of us and we had plenty of room not only to sleep but to sit and visit in the living area. Kitchen was clean and had plenty of dishes and cookware for any length of stay. Dishwasher too! Enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well as the breakfast buffet. Common areas were well appointed and clean. Zeus at the front desk and Melissa in housekeeping were fantastic. Efficient and friendly. Went over and above to make our stay enjoyable. I would recommend Tiffany at the breakfast buffet have some customer service training. I witnessed her reprimand a guest in front of several of us for using both waffle irons at the same time. The young lady had 3 children she was attempting to feed and there was no one waiting for the waffle irons when she started. It really was rude and uncalled for.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear tami_v,

We as a team here at the Staybridge Suites are glad that we could be your home away from home in the crazy Michigan weather that we are having. I am personally pleased that Zeus and Melissa went out of their way to make you and your family stay enjoyable in the time of need. I am personally sorry the you had to witness the poor customer service at breakfast and it is on called for, that is not our standards and the issue will be taken care of. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope that you stay with us again. Stay warm and safe in this crazy weather that we are having.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The only thing I enjoyed was the evening social and the comfortable rooms. Other than that, I was not asked to swipe or verify my credit card at check in, I had credit card fraud because of their security, and was not checked in properly because the front desk didn't even know I was in the room until the following morning when I asked them to verify my credit card again. I contacted the hotel and they said they would look into it and get back to me in a timely manner. It's been nearly a month and they have yet to contact me.

Room Tip: Get a room that you know will get checked in and one that doesn't have a phone.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear lrickert,

I am personally sorry that you were apart of a credit card scam that has been hitting hotels nation wide. I can reassure you that the front desk will never ask for your credit card number over the phone, they would call you and ask you to come down to the desk and take care of it from there. The team that the Staybridge Suites are glad that you enjoyed the evening social and the comfort of the room.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

We were only here for 1 night, thankfully. The room wasn't ready at 4pm. The sheets looked slept in and the floor wasn't vacuumed. The pillows were terrible. Breakfast was fair. The sofa had rips and stains on it. Staff was OK but we wont be back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Jennifer,

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay as this is not typical of neither our services nor our standards. Our team takes tremendous pride in providing our guests with the best possible experience and we will use your valued feedback to continuously improve our services and communication. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so that you may have a flawless experience in the future as that continues to be our ultimate goal.

Assistant Genral Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

My family came to visit me at western and they stayed here for a Friday through Sunday weekend. It was great, the staff was friendly, clean pool, breakfast was great, coffee all day, and they even served a light dinner at 1730 which was unexpected. Great location, though it was a little tricky to find using phone maps. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Klark K,

The team here at the Staybridge Suites are pleased that your family enjoyed their recent stay with us, when they had fun visiting you at WMU. We look forward to seeing you and your family the next time they come to visit. We here at the hotel are excited to see what 2017 has for the WMU Broncos. Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Travels,