All reviews min walk room was clean downtown location western michigan university continental breakfast within walking distance the breakfast area fitness center brew campus conference
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I've been bringing my group to this hotel for about 7 years now. Sonia and her team did everything they could to make sure nearly 60 guys had everything they needed and asked us to let them know if anything seemed out of order. I've seen comments indicating that it was dirty and/or the customer service wasn't very good but I for one respectfully disagree. The hotel was clean, any "hitch" in the group reservation was taken care of immediately and I never ran across a rude person. Sonia is the new manager there and she obviously takes great pride in the property and is demanding of her staff. The hotel is perfectly located between the WMU campus and downtown. The breakfast is fine for a hotel in this price range in this location. I'm already looking forward to next year's event and this location will definitely be our hotel of choice. If you're looking for a place to bring your group.... This is the place. Call directly and ask for Sonia. She will take good care of you.

Room Tip: Been in variety of rooms & never had bad experience. Guess if looking for quietest area, would be the 3rd floor as nobody above you.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018

My fiance and I were trying to use this location as an option for wedding guests this fall. It took weeks to get the "block" (group reservation) organized in the first place because the manager was unresponsive to my initial calls. We then experienced confusion when a guest attempted to reserve one of the rooms and was incorrectly told that none were available anymore. When I called the manager figure out why this happened, I never heard back. I continued to call for over a week, still no call back. I finally called the corporate offices and was told that while they could confirm there were still available rooms for my guests, they had no control over the reservation and everything had to be done via an on-site manager. There was no one who could explain to me why our guest had been turned away, or apologize for this. So, in frustration, we decided to cancel our group reservation, but were told this couldn't be done by ANYONE besides the actual hotel manager themselves. I continued calling and leaving messages and NEVER HEARD BACK from management. Over 2 weeks later, I was finally able to get the entire block of rooms cancelled by angrily communicating with corporate offices via Facebook and explaining the situation. I am still infuriated by this entire experience. Their business lost a 20 room reservation because of their own lack of communication, and I never received an apology or call back from their manager. With so many other hotels in the Kalamazoo area, I HIGHLY recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna H
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This place is really awful: dirty, stained carpets and bed covers; a TV remote that did not not work; printer in lobby was broken; juice machine did not work.
Nicely located near Kalamazoo College, but not worth it! Staff was unresponsive to complaints as well.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sstorb
Reviewed 13 February 2018

There are only two hotel options in downtown Kalamazoo and that is the over priced Radisson and this Comfort Inn. I was shocked to check in and see how disgusting my room was. Hair all over the bathroom. They only have full size beds and a lot of the rooms only offer ONE full size bed. Parking is very limited and al though it is downtown, it is too far to walk to anywhere. The walls/ceilings are paper thin. The bathroom ceiling was falling off. I could not believe the only other option in downtown Kalamazoo was this place and that it was this bad. I will pay the overpriced Radisson anytime I come downtown in the future.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 15 September 2017

As a former hotel manager and in the hospitality industry for 17 years, I have seen my fair share of hotels, including most in Kalamazoo. I stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night. My expectations were exceeded. The young lady who checked me in was pleasant and checked all the boxes for a perfect check-in experience. My room was VERY nice - likely almost new. The bed was comfortable and the quality of the linens and bed coverings better than I expected. Breakfast was adequate/good for a select service hotel. The night auditor did a good job on the desk and in breakfast. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others and with the great rate I got, will likely stay here again. The sports bar next door is OK - prices a bit high for food of ordinary quality.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo