All reviews min walk room was clean downtown location western michigan university continental breakfast within walking distance the breakfast area fitness center brew campus conference
Reviewed 13 February 2018

There are only two hotel options in downtown Kalamazoo and that is the over priced Radisson and this Comfort Inn. I was shocked to check in and see how disgusting my room was. Hair all over the bathroom. They only have full size beds and a lot of the rooms only offer ONE full size bed. Parking is very limited and al though it is downtown, it is too far to walk to anywhere. The walls/ceilings are paper thin. The bathroom ceiling was falling off. I could not believe the only other option in downtown Kalamazoo was this place and that it was this bad. I will pay the overpriced Radisson anytime I come downtown in the future.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

As a former hotel manager and in the hospitality industry for 17 years, I have seen my fair share of hotels, including most in Kalamazoo. I stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night. My expectations were exceeded. The young lady who checked me in was pleasant and checked all the boxes for a perfect check-in experience. My room was VERY nice - likely almost new. The bed was comfortable and the quality of the linens and bed coverings better than I expected. Breakfast was adequate/good for a select service hotel. The night auditor did a good job on the desk and in breakfast. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others and with the great rate I got, will likely stay here again. The sports bar next door is OK - prices a bit high for food of ordinary quality.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Franklin D
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Great Comfort Inn in the old part of downtown. Close to many downtown attractions. The Kalamazoo mall is within walking distance as well as many restaurants and bars. Great turn of the century architecture on nearby Michigan Ave.
Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a good size. Breakfast was the usual CI fare. Great front desk staff for dining and shopping suggestions.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We arrived later in the night and checked into our room. When we got in our room we noticed a moldy/ musty smell to it. The bathroom was gross, the light in the bathroom was flickering on and off and there was no ventilation in the bathroom. The dry wall above the shower was peeling and had stains all over. The room was dirty. There was dust above the headboard, There was a hole in the comforter. The refrigerator that was provided didn't keep our drinks cold and sounded like a ticking time bomb. The walls are paper thin. In the morning while getting ready we noticed there were no towels and we asked the cleaning staff for extra towels and there were none because they were being washed. The maid did show up with two (dirty looking) towels. I was not satisfied with my stay. I chose to stay at this hotel because it is a branded hotel and expected it to be clean and well maintained but that was far from it. For the price we paid for 2 nights the room should have some standards.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashleymarie589
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The breakfast durning the week was limited & ran out of some things. Saturday & Sunday was fine. Parking at night had limited spaces to park. The lot filled if you didn't return early. Had no towels in our room when we arrived.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple