All reviews denny's restaurant burger king room was clean within walking distance needed a place to stay would definitely stay here again pillows
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I booked this hotel for myself, my niece and her friend for an anime convention that was in town. The girls couldn't afford a fancy hotel, so we booked this hotel because they price was pretty good. BIG MISTAKE. You get what you pay for. The room was pretty disgusting. It had a funky smell and there was a long black hair on my sheets. There was black hair all over the bathroom floor. The kicker was when someone above me decided to take a shower and there was a major water leak coming from the light in the bathroom. I called the front desk and their solution was to send someone down to mop up the floor. That was probably the most cleaning that room had seen in weeks. Not only was this room filthy, the water leak coming from the light is a major safety hazard. They didn't even seem concerned. I immediately packed out stuff and called Expedia who was not much help initially. After an hour on the phone with them, they finally found me a new hotel for $100 more. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone. I would rather stay in my car for the night than stay in this place. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Raj P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent stay with Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East.

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not one to remember as it is our goal for every guest to depart with nothing but good memories of their stay. I have spoken with our staff about the issues you experienced during you stay to insure these issues don't happen again in the future. I do want to let you know that at any point and time during your stay at Red Roof Inn you experience issues with your room there is someone happy and willing to help you with those issues at our front desk 24/7. We were notified that you were given option to switch rooms, but you no longer wanted to stay at our location therefore you were given refund. We apologize for the inconvenience you dealt with during your stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

This hotel is extremely dated. I had an ADA accessible room. There was one full size bed in the room (I knew this when reserving) which was set on one side of the room and a large open area where a second bed could have been. The bed was so close to the bathroom door it barely cleared the bed. There was only one bedside table, no desk or table (even though they had all that open space) so I had to either stand and use my laptop on the dresser or try to use it on the bed. There was one chair in the room - think rolling desk chair - not even a comfortable recliner. No stand to set your suitcase on for the night. Even though the room was ADA, it had a step in shower - the rest of the room was barrier free. The sink area was barely big enough for the sink, hardly any place to set your personal care items. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not one to remember as it is our goal for every guest to depart with nothing but good memories of their stay. We renovated the property in late 2015 in which entire interior of property was renovated fully. The ADA accessible room is made for handicap guest therefore that is reason there are fewer amenities for space for the guest. I do want to let you know that at any point and time during your stay at Red Roof Inn you experience issues with your room there is someone happy and willing to help you with those issues at our front desk 24/7.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We were looking across affordable hotel rooms and I came across this one. While checking on into the hotel the staff was great and the shift worker Craig was excellent! For the price we paid for our hotel we received great service and rooms were comfortable. The area was good and there were nearby food restaurants that were walking distance which was convenient. The beds were comfortable and overall we would recommend staying at this property again. There weren't much amenities but they provided coffee in the morning. For the price we paid, we would come stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Raj P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear ronwilson537,

Raj Patel

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

It would be ok, room quite clean but the smell... like an ash tray. You could see marks burned out by cigarettes and some dirty spots. And they claim to be 100% non smoking. Not a good experience. Try to avoid

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Thank Pe. N
Raj P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not one to remember as it is our goal for every guest to depart with nothing but good memories of their stay. I have spoken with our staff about the issues you experienced during you stay to insure these issues don't happen again in the future. We are 100% non smoking hotel but we are apologizing for the inconvenience during your stay. I do want to let you know that at any point and time during your stay at Red Roof Inn you experience issues with your room there is someone happy and willing to help you with those issues at our front desk 24/7

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Always our last nights stay on our 6 day trip back home to Canada from Palm Springs. This location is right off the1-94 and is always clean, comfortable with large rooms, free parking, wifi and pet friendly. Denny's restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Raj P, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Maureen S,

We appreciate the compliments on our property and are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay greatly. It is our goal to make sure our guest are 100% satisfied during their stay. We appreciate the compliments of our staff as its our duty to give you the best customer satisfactory. We do hope you may give us a chance in the future to change your opinion of us if your travels bring you back to the Kalamazoo area.

Raj Patel